Cross, defense help Vermont upset Boston CollegeNov 25, 2006 - 10:34 PM KINGSTON, Rhode Island (Ticker) -- Brittney Cross scored 17 points and Courtnay Pilypaitis added 14, including four 3-pointers, as Vermont posted a 56-48 upset of No. 22 Boston College in the championship of the URI Invitational.
The Catamounts held the Eagles to 14 first-half points and limited them to 24 percent (6-of-25) shooting to take a 10-point halftime lead.
Cross shot 6-of-13 from the field, dished out six assists and had five steals to earn tournament MVP honors.
Vermont (4-1) shot 38 percent (20-of-53) from the field and forced 21 Boston College turnovers which it turned into 18 points.
Elisabeth Egnell scored 17 points and Kathrin Ress added 14 and 14 rebounds for the Eagles, who shot 36 percent (20-of-55) and suffered their second loss in the last three games. Boston College lost to No. 6 Ohio State on Tuesday.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- NC State women beat Boston College 76-60 in ACC Tournament Mar 3
- BC beats Virginia Tech 49-37 in ACC women's tournament Mar 2
- No. 2 Notre Dame tops Boston College women 70-58 Feb 27
- Butler leads No. 18 Syracuse women past Boston College 71-55 Feb 25
- Hines-Allen leads No. 11 Louisville women past BC 55-45 Feb 21
- No. 16 Miami women pull away from Boston College 67-62 Feb 4
- No. 22 Duke women beat Boston College 71-51 Jan 17
- No. 3 Notre Dame women beat Boston College 63-50 Jan 14
- No. 19 Florida State women rout Boston College, 75-42 Jan 7
- No. 21 Oklahoma women defeat Boston College 76-61 Nov 28
- No. 9 Maryland handles Boston College Feb 27
- ND women (24-0) off to best start in school history Feb 13