Ross' late free throws lift TCU over DePaulDec 22, 2006 - 6:17 AM SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico (Ticker) -- Adrienne Ross made DePaul's trip back to windy Chicago a tough one.
Ross sank two free throws in the closing seconds and scored 14 points as TCU captured a 74-73 upset of No. 17 DePaul in the final game of the San Juan Shootout.
The Blue Demons (10-2), who had a nine-game winning streak snapped, took a rare lead in the second half at 73-72 when Jenna Rubino sank her sixth 3-pointer with 10 seconds remaining.
However, Ross was fouled by Allie Quigley with four seconds left. She converted both attempts to seal the Horned Frogs' eighth win in their last nine games.
Ashley Davis scored 23 points and Hanna Biernacka added 19 for TCU (8-4), which shot 46 percent (30-of-66) to overcome a spotty 9-of-26 (35 percent) from the stripe.
Rubino had 24 points and 12 rebounds and Quigley had 12 and 11 for DePaul, which shot just 37 percent (27-of-74) and committed 17 turnovers.
- Oregon State women first Elite 8 after 83-71 win over DePaul Mar 26
- DePaul-Oregon St. Preview Mar 25
- Oregon State women go from shambles to Sweet 16 vs. DePaul Mar 25
- DePaul beats Louisville 73-72 behind January's 25 points Mar 21
- DePaul-Louisville Preview Mar 19
- Louisville and DePaul renew series for spot in Sweet 16 Mar 19
- DePaul makes 11 3-pointers, routs James Madison 97-67 Mar 18
- James Madison-DePaul Preview Mar 17
- St. John's women upset No. 18 DePaul 75-66 in Big East semis Mar 7
- Kansas stuns TCU 81-64 to snap 20-game losing streak Mar 5
- McCarty leads No. 8 Texas to a 71-58 win over TCU Feb 27
- No. 19 DePaul women beat Marquette 98-65 Feb 27