Chambers' first half tear sparks Georgia victoryMar 20, 2007 - 3:28 AM MINNEAPOLIS (Ticker) -- Cori Chambers' torrid first-half shooting and some stellar defense put Iowa State away early.
Chambers scored all 18 of her points in the first half and the Lady Bulldogs scored 20 of the first 22 points en route to a 76-56 victory over the Cyclones in the second round of the Dallas Region.
Tasha Humphrey added 21 points and grabbed seven rebounds for the Lady Bulldogs (27-6), who will play Purdue on Sunday in Dallas in the regional semifinals.
Chambers connected on four 3-pointers and led the Lady Bulldogs to a commanding 51-27 halftime lead.
Georgia shot 61 percent (19-of-31) from the field in the first stanza and nailed 8-of-16 shots from the arc. It held Iowa State to just 32 percent shooting (10-of-31) in the opening 20 minutes and 34 percent (20-of-58) for the game.
Nicky Wieben scored 13 points for the Cyclones (26-9), who did not get on the scoreboard until the 14-minute mark of the first half.
- DALLAS REGIONAL
NCAA WOMENS BB DALLAS REGIONAL
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
IOWA ST (6) 27 29 56
GEORGIA (3) 51 25 76 FINAL
Mar 19 8:54 PM
- DALLAS REGIONAL
NCAA WOMENS BB (6) IOWA ST 27
(3) GEORGIA 51 HALFTIME
Mar 19 7:51 PM
- Guard Taja Cole transferring from Louisville to Georgia May 17
- Iowa State's Bill Fennelly, sued by ex-star, defends self Apr 29
- Moody's attorney, Iowa State disagree on university ruling Apr 19
- APNewsBreak: Former Iowa St star Nikki Moody sues coach Apr 18
- Buss scores 23, No. 9 seed Indiana defeats Georgia 62-58 Mar 20
- Indiana-Georgia Preview Mar 18
- Texas Tech women beat Iowa St. 89-84 in Big 12 tournament Mar 4
- Vandy women rally to beat Georgia 54-49 in OT in SEC tourney Mar 3
- No. 22 West Virginia women cruise past Iowa State 82-57 Mar 1
- DeShields bounces back, helps Lady Vols rip Georgia 80-60 Feb 28
- Williams has 32 as No. 23 Oklahoma women roll Iowa St. 85-54 Feb 27
- Georgia senior Barbee has surgery for season-ending injury Feb 23