Pringle leads North Carolina into Dallas Region FinalMar 26, 2007 - 5:18 AM DALLAS (Ticker) -- LaToya Pringle scored 16 points and grabbed 14 rebounds to help lead top-ranked North Carolina to a 70-56 Dallas Region semifinal victory over George Washington.
Erlana Larkins scored 14 points and had six rebounds and Camille Little added 10 points for the Tar Heels (33-3), who advanced to their third consecutive regional final and will play Purdue on Tuesday. The Boilermakers advanced earlier on Sunday with a 78-65 victory over Georgia.
The Tar Heels broke open a close game with a 22-5 run in the first half to take a commanding 38-24 lead at halftime.
Sarah-Jo Lawrence led the Colonials (28-4) with 23 points but fouled out with 3:18 left.
The Tar Heels dominated under the basket, outrebounding the Colonials, 45-22, and outscoring them, 34-16, in the paint.
- DALLAS REGIONAL
NCAA WOMENS BB DALLAS REGIONAL
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
GEO WASHINGTON (5) 24 32 56
NORTH CAROLINA (1) 38 32 70 FINAL
Mar 25 11:38 PM
- DALLAS REGIONAL
NCAA WOMENS BB (5) GEO WASHINGTON 24
(1) NORTH CAROLINA 38 HALFTIME
Mar 25 10:23 PM
- George Washington hires Rizzotti as women's basketball coach Apr 15
- Tsipis resigns as George Washington women's hoops coach Mar 28
- Kansas State gets 1st NCAA tournament win since 2012 Mar 18
- Kansas St.-George Washington Preview Mar 17
- George Washington rallies by Duquesne for A10 women's title Mar 6
- Pitt beats UNC 82-72 in ACC women's tournament Mar 2
- Bulgak powers No. 10 Florida State women to win over UNC Feb 14
- No. 13 Louisville women overtake North Carolina 78-60 Feb 4
- Hatchell to sit 2 games for referee contact, NCAA violation Jan 29
- No. 21 Miami women beat UNC 76-61 for Katie Meier's 200th Jan 17
- Ogunbowale scores 16, No. 3 Notre Dame beats UNC 88-54 Jan 10
- No. 15 Northwestern women defeat North Carolina 85-72 Dec 2