Daniel, Missouri continue perfect start with win over OhioSep 23, 2006 - 10:02 PM COLUMBIA, Missouri (Ticker) -- Chase Daniel has Missouri in unfamiliar territory.
Daniel threw two touchdown passes and ran for another score to lead unbeaten Missouri to a 31-6 triumph over Ohio.
It was the fourth consecutive victory for the Tigers (4-0), who are off to a 4-0 start for just the fifth time since 1925. The last time Missouri opened 4-0 was three years ago.
A sophomore in his first season as the Tigers' starter, Daniel completed 18-of-34 passes for 258 yards and one interception while rushing for 44 yards on nine carries.
Daniel's favorite target was Will Franklin, who had 99 yards and two TDs on four receptions.
Missouri took the lead for good just seven minutes into the contest when Daniel found Franklin for a 68-yard TD. The pair hooked up again for a nine-yard score with 5:26 remaining in the first half, extending the lead to 14-6.
Austen Everson was 13-of-23 for 110 yards and a TD for Ohio (2-2), which collected just 188 total yards.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Former Missouri QB Maty Mauk signs with Eastern Kentucky May 21
- Missouri hires Ofodile as recruiting coordinator May 9
- Ohio university pays player $712K to settle concussion suit May 4
- Coaching changes at 3 schools bring new look to SEC East Apr 18
- Sheriff: Missing former KU football player killed himself Apr 9
- Spike Lee premieres University of Missouri film near campus Apr 7
- Football player mistaken for burglar, shot by ex-teammate Mar 20
- Barry Odom approaches 1st season at Missouri with confidence Feb 19
- New Missouri coach Odom, staff attend fan 'welcome' Feb 15
- SEC football recruiting team capsules Feb 3
- Big 12 signing day capsules Feb 3
- Big Ten football recruiting team capsules Feb 3