Caulley rushes for 155 yards; UConn shuts down IndianaSep 24, 2006 - 12:37 AM BLOOMINGTON, Indiana (Ticker) -- Terry Caulley ran for 155 yards on 32 carries, Lou Allen rushed for a 35-yard touchdown and Connecticut took away Indiana's ground game en route to posting a 14-7 victory in non-conference play.
Caulley's rushing performance was highlighted by a 57-yard scamper for the Huskies (1-1), who held the Hoosiers to zero rushing yards. Connecticut owned a 257-yard advantage on the ground.
Linebacker Danny Lansanah returned an interception of Kellen Lewis for a 39-yard touchdown to open the scoring for the Huskies with 4:21 to go in the first quarter. They doubled their lead 3:09 into the third when Allen capped a seven-play, 54-yard drive with his TD.
Marcus Thigpen returned the ensuing kickoff for an 87-yard score, drawing Indiana (2-1) within 14-7. But that would be as close as the Hoosiers would get as they never managed to find any rhythm on the offensive side of the ball, finishing with 192 total yards and three turnovers.
Connecticut, which totaled just 27 passing yards, improved to 2-0 all-time against Indiana.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Diaco fires up UConn's NYC base with promise of progress May 18
- Diaco agrees to two-year contract extension at UConn May 16
- Big Ten East loses top stars, but new ones are set to emerge Apr 14
- Michigan State accepts Robertson's letter of intent Mar 30
- Indiana to add wellness center inside Memorial Stadium Mar 6
- Benedict says UConn's caliber of play at Power Five level Mar 1
- Hoosiers name former player Mark Hagen defensive line coach Feb 10
- Indiana announces defensive line coach will not return Feb 8
- Big Ten football recruiting team capsules Feb 3
- UConn signs 17, focusing on players from winning programs Feb 3
- Hoosiers have 2 quarterbacks ready to replace Sudfeld Feb 3
- Northwestern adds receivers to an anemic offense Feb 3