Bryant guides Wake Forest past MississippiSep 24, 2006 - 4:23 AM OXFORD, Mississippi (Ticker) -- De'Angelo Bryant and Wake Forest took to the ground to stay undefeated.
Bryant ran for 105 yards and a touchdown as the Demon Deacons posted a 27-3 non-conference victory over Mississippi.
Wake Forest (4-0) rushed 53 times for 240 yards and three touchdowns in the first meeting between the schools.
Bryant gave the visitors the lead for good with a nine-yard run with 9:26 to play in the opening period.
The advantage was 10-3 at the break before the Demon Deacons pulled away with a 17-point third quarter. Kevin Harris scored on a four-yard run and fullback Mike Rinfrette added one-yard TD run in the period.
Redshirt freshman Riley Skinner attempted only five passes, completing four for 43 yards for Wake.
Tennessee transfer Brent Schaeffer was 13-of-28 for 127 yards and an interception for Ole Miss (1-3).
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Ole Miss coach was 'shocked' by Tunsil comments at NFL draft May 5
- Ohio university pays player $712K to settle concussion suit May 4
- Ole Miss to investigate Tunsil's comments on receiving cash Apr 29
- Offense a priority this spring for ACC's Atlantic Division Apr 25
- Satellite camp debate puts spotlight on new NCAA governance Apr 21
- Mississippi's NCAA case receives 30-day extension Apr 21
- Plenty of QB competition in SEC's Western Division Apr 19
- Mississippi State signee Simmons facing charges after fight Mar 29
- Tunsil puts up big bench press numbers at Ole Miss pro day Mar 28
- Florida's McElwain praises Harbaugh for 'pressing envelopes' Mar 9
- Ole Miss football player Speaks arrested, charged with DUI Mar 4
- Ole Miss QB Chad Kelly continues to 'rewrite' his story Mar 3