Washington rallies in second half to beat UCLASep 24, 2006 - 2:36 AM SEATTLE (Ticker) -- It was a tale of two halves for Isaiah Stanback and Washington in their Pac-10 Conference opener.
Stanback threw three touchdowns passes, including a pair to Sonny Shackelford, as the Huskies rallied for a 29-19 victory over UCLA.
UCLA (2-1, 0-1 Pac-10) initially took a 16-0 lead on Justin Medlock's third field goal of the game, a 51-yarder with 11:48 to play in the second quarter. Chris Markey had a one-yard TD run in the opening quarter for the Bruins, who thoroughly dominated the first half and appeared primed for their ninth win in the last 10 meetings with the Huskies.
However, Washington (3-1, 1-0) finally got on the board with 65 seconds left in the first half as Stanback connected with Shackelford on a 23-yard touchdown.
The duo hooked up again two minutes into the third quarter, combining on a 28-yard TD pass to draw the Huskies within 16-14.
Stanback completed the comeback with 7:32 remaining in the fourth, when he found Johnie Kirton from four yards out to make it 22-19. Linebacker Dan Howell capped the scoring 30 seconds later with a 33-yard interception return for a score.
Stanback completed 18-of-29 passes for 200 yards and also accumulated a team-high 48 yards on 13 carries. Shackelford finished with nine catches for 120 yards.
UCLA's Ben Olson went 18-of-31 for 135 yards with two interceptions. Markey rushed 19 times for 124 yards.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- UCLA's Adams pleads no contest to battery of Uber driver May 4
- UCLA wraps up spring practice with new offense and receivers Apr 23
- Feeney sits out Washington pro day after hernia surgery Mar 31
- Federal lawsuit brings more criticism of Baylor University Mar 31
- Return of speedy Ross highlights spring for Washington Mar 29
- UCLA begins building new offense around Rosen in spring ball Mar 28
- Comeback trail: Chubb, Russell among rehabbing spring stars Feb 24
- U of Illinois confirms Whitman is its new athletic director Feb 17
- UCLA gets tougher, bounces back with elite recruiting class Feb 3
- Pac-12 football recruiting team capsules Feb 3
- USC, UCLA reign in Pac-12 recruiting battles Feb 3
- Uneventful, relaxing signing day for Petersen and Washington Feb 3