Hampton, Campbell lead Navy past ConnecticutSep 30, 2006 - 8:13 PM EAST HARTFORD, Connecticut (Ticker) -- Brian Hampton and Reggie Campbell helped sink Connecticut.
Hampton rushed for 182 yards and three touchdowns and Campbell had a pair of long scores to lead Navy to a 41-17 victory over Connecticut.
Coming off last Saturday's overtime loss at home to Tulsa, Navy (4-1) rebounded in a huge way behind its triple-option offensive attack.
With Hampton leading the way, the Midshipmen amassed 605 total yards, including 464 on the ground against a defense that entered the contest ranked 10th in the nation.
Hampton scored on runs of 24 yards in the first quarter and 52 and four yards in the final period. He also threw for 141 yards, including a 77-yard TD to Campbell on the Midshipmen's first offensive play.
Campbell also scored on a 68-yard run on Navy's first play of the third quarter. The jaunt gave the Midshipmen a 27-10 cushion.
Campbell rushed for 101 yards on five attempts and fullback Adam Ballard added 88 yards on three carries.
Making his first start of the season, Matt Bonislawski completed 15-of-37 passes for 176 yards and two touchdowns for the Huskies (2-2), who fell to 1-2 at home.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Diaco fires up UConn's NYC base with promise of progress May 18
- Diaco agrees to two-year contract extension at UConn May 16
- Road trip: Florida State playing spring game in Orlando Apr 8
- Line change: FSU's Leonard switches from defense to offense Apr 7
- Benedict says UConn's caliber of play at Power Five level Mar 1
- Even now, the 1946 Army-Navy game worth remembering Feb 6
- UConn signs 17, focusing on players from winning programs Feb 3
- UConn names interim athletic director, search committee Jan 29
- Warde Manuel back at Michigan as athletic director Jan 29
- AP sources: Warde Manuel agrees to be Michigan's AD Jan 27
- Oregon QB sparkles, throwing 3 TD passes in East-West game Jan 23
- Navy's Reynolds switches from QB to RB for East-West game Jan 22