Boston College blanks Division I-AA MaineSep 30, 2006 - 8:44 PM CHESTNUT HILL, Massachusetts (Ticker) -- Andre Callender and Brian Toal each rushed for touchdowns and the defense pitched a shutout to lead Boston College to a 22-0 victory over Division I-AA Maine.
Out of the rankings after a last-second loss at North Carolina State last week, Boston College (3-1) held Maine to 148 total yards, 11 first downs and posted its first shutout since a 38-0 victory over Ball State on October 1 last season.
Callender rushed for 76 yards on 11 carries. He gave the Eagles a 12-0 lead on a 25-yard TD run with 8:54 left in the first half.
Ryan Ohliger kicked field goals of 29 and 30 yards in the first half as Boston College opened a 15-0 lead.
A linebacker who plays running back in short-yardage situations, Toal capped the scoring with a one-yard TD run with 3:14 left in the third quarter. It was the fourth rushing TD of the season for Toal and 10th career.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- BC receiver Troy Flutie, NFL star's nephew, charged with DUI May 23
- 2016 FCS vs. FBS: CAA Football May 17
- Undrafted FCS players get shot at NFL May 3
- FCS draft class review Apr 30
- Offense a priority this spring for ACC's Atlantic Division Apr 25
- Minnesota AD search to use outside firm, 16-person committee Mar 23
- Boston College AD: I have 'total confidence' in coaches Mar 11
- CAA Football spring primer Mar 10
- BC announces $200 million in facility upgrades Feb 22
- Maine football energized by D-I's youngest head coach Feb 18
- Tweaks to FCS playoffs being considered Feb 17
- FCS championship may gain 'bowl' rebrand Feb 12