Hunt scores three times as Penn State reboundsOct 1, 2006 - 12:33 AM STATE COLLEGE, Pennsylvania (Ticker) -- Senior Tony Hunt rushed for 140 yards and three touchdowns as Penn State bounced back nicely for a 33-7 victory over Northwestern in a Big Ten Conference matchup.
Anthony Morelli completed 19-of-33 attempts for 288 yards with one interception and Deon Butler gained 216 yards on 11 catches for the Nittany Lions (3-2, 1-1 Big Ten), who got back on track after suffering their first conference loss, a hard-fought 28-6 setback at top-ranked Ohio State last week.
After Tyrell Sutton's one-yard TD run drew the Wildcats (2-3, 0-1) within 9-7 with 7:31 left in the second quarter, Hunt, who carried 28 times, capped a 10-play, 79-yard drive by punching it in from a yard out for a 16-7 lead at the half.
With Penn State ahead by 12, Hunt found the end zone for the second time on a 14-yard run, making it 26-7 with 2:21 left in the third quarter. Hunt's final touchdown, a scamper to the left from six yards, closed the scoring just over two minutes later following an interception by linebacker Sean Lee.
Andrew Brewer passed for 157 yards for Northwestern, which fell to 0-2 on its three-game road trip.
The Nittany Lions improved to 9-3 all-time against the Wildcats, whom they will not face again until the 2009 season.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Penn State player had symptoms for years before filing suit May 19
- The Latest: Penn State has no records on new Paterno claim May 6
- Judge's order reopens questions about what Paterno knew when May 6
- Penn State OKs some alcohol sales at games May 6
- Jerry Sandusky presses appeal, wants to question ex-lawyers May 2
- Satellite camp debate puts spotlight on new NCAA governance Apr 21
- Penn State uses spring to install new offense, find new QB Apr 16
- Big Ten East loses top stars, but new ones are set to emerge Apr 14
- Trump baffles with question about late ex-Penn State coach Apr 14
- Iowa headlines uncertain Big Ten West Apr 13
- Sankey: SEC's satellite camp issues go beyond Harbaugh Apr 11
- Penn State RB Barkley looking to evolve this spring, summer Apr 4