Jackson-Garrison leads Vanderbilt to second straight winOct 1, 2006 - 3:56 AM NASHVILLE, Tennessee (Ticker) -- Junior Cassen Jackson-Garrison ran for 144 yards, including two touchdowns, and sophomore Chris Nickson threw for two scores as Vanderbilt cruised to a 43-14 victory over hapless Temple in a non-conference matchup.
Steven Bright caught a pair of touchdowns and Jared Hawkins got into the end zone twice for the Commodores (2-3), who put together consecutive wins after starting the season with three straight losses.
Jackson-Garrison, who had 13 carries, opened the scoring just 2:44 into the first quarter with a 43-yard sprint to the end zone. After Bryant Hahnfeldt connected for a career-high 51-yard field goal late in the frame, Jackson Garrison's 16-yard rushing TD made it 17-0 with 9:16 left to play before the half.
A little more than four minutes later, Nickson added to the bulge by hooking up with Bright for a 29-yard score, capping a five-play, 48-yard drive.
Tim Brown finished with 162 yards rushing on 31 carries, highlighted by a 78-yard touchdown run, for the Owls (0-5), who had their losing streak extended to 17 games.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Taking the lead: Houston QB Ward learning new role for team May 14
- With ban lifted, SEC coaches gearing up for satellite camps May 4
- Coaching changes at 3 schools bring new look to SEC East Apr 18
- Vanderbilt rape victim condemns jury verdict for ex-player Apr 9
- Former Vanderbilt football player found guilty of rape Apr 9
- The Latest: Ex-Vanderbilt football player guilty of rape Apr 9
- Former Vanderbilt University football player found guilty of dorm room rape Apr 9
- Alleged victim in Vanderbilt rape case breaks down Apr 8
- New rape trial opens for former Vanderbilt football players Apr 4
- New Vols defensive coordinator Shoop appreciates history Apr 4
- Rape trial for 1 former Vanderbilt player to start Monday Mar 29
- SEC football recruiting team capsules Feb 3