Lane's late score helps lift Texas A&M past KansasOct 7, 2006 - 10:02 PM LAWRENCE, Kansas (Ticker) -- Texas A&M stumbled through the first three quarters but put it together when it counted most.
Jorvorskie Lane scored a go-ahead touchdown with 34 seconds left as the Aggies rallied from an 11-point fourth-quarter deficit for a 21-18 victory over Kansas in a Big 12 Conference battle.
Texas A&M trailed by five with three minutes remaining before Stephen McGee engineered an impressive 80-yard drive. Lane, who had a rushing touchdown in the second quarter, gave his team an one-point edge with his two-yard plunge up the middle, and McGee threw a successful two-point conversion pass to Joey Thomas to cap the scoring.
McGee, who completed 7-of-9 passes in the critical drive, finished 25-of-45 for 240 yards. The 6-3 signal-caller had opened the fourth quarter with a two-yard TD run to cut the deficit to 18-13.
Earvin Taylor had seven catches for 43 yards for the Aggies (5-1, 1-1 Big 12 South), who improved to 7-1 in the all-time series.
Jon Cornish carried 23 times for 128 yards and quarterback Adam Barmann went 13-of-21 for 127 yards and a score for Kansas (3-3, 0-2 North), which held a 18-7 advantage after Scott Webb's third field goal of the game, a 28-yarder with 3:34 left in the third quarter.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Ex-Aggie Isaiah Golden gets 10 years for 2014 robbery May 13
- A&M assistant is disciplined for tweets on player's reversal May 9
- Texas A&M sheds some swagger and tries to change trajectory May 6
- Texas A&M coach apologizes for tweets on player's reversal May 5
- Kansas QBs Cozart, Ford receive hardship waivers Apr 20
- Plenty of QB competition in SEC's Western Division Apr 19
- Dobbs, Tennessee exit spring practice amid high expectations Apr 16
- Sheriff: Missing former KU football player killed himself Apr 9
- UCLA begins building new offense around Rosen in spring ball Mar 28
- Fresno State schedules road games at Texas A&M, Arizona St. Mar 10
- Oklahoma hires Thibodeaux as new defensive line coach Feb 24
- Kansas boots cornerback, suspends linebacker after arrests Feb 23