Fractious helps East Carolina cruise past VirginiaOct 8, 2006 - 2:06 AM GREENVILLE, North Carolina (Ticker) -- Brandon Fractious and East Carolina took advantage of Virginia's porous defense.
Fractious ran for 102 yards and a touchdown as the Pirates posted a 31-21 non-conference victory over the Cavaliers.
Brandon Simmons, Ryan Dougherty and quarterback James Pinkney also ran for a touchdown for East Carolina (2-3), which gained 208 yards on 48 carries.
Pinkney completed 17-of-30 passes for 224 yards for the Pirates, who held the ball for nearly 17 more minutes than the Cavaliers.
Jameel Sewell went 15-of-31 for 123 yards and a touchdown for Virginia (2-4), which gave up the first 10 points of the contest and never caught up.
It was the third loss in four games for the Cavaliers, who were coming off a 37-0 triumph at Duke.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Man who punched ex-Mankato player gets 5 months in jail May 13
- Sophomore quarterback Nick Johns to transfer from Virginia May 5
- Former East Carolina coach rejuvenated by job at Virginia May 3
- 3 new coaches adds twist to topsy-turvy ACC Coastal Division Apr 26
- New phrases just the start of Mendenhall era at Virginia Apr 20
- Plenty of QB competition in SEC's Western Division Apr 19
- East Carolina unveils $55 million stadium project for 2017 Apr 16
- Guilty plea in 2014 attack on ex-Minn. State, Mankato player Mar 23
- New BYU coaching staff pleased despite time constraints Feb 3
- ACC football recruiting team capsules Feb 3
- Mendenhall inks 24 in first year at Virginia Feb 3
- Florida State leads the way in the ACC on signing day Feb 3