Wilson leads Alabama to overtime win vs. Ole MissOct 15, 2006 - 1:55 AM TUSCALOOSA, Alabama (Ticker) -- John Parker Wilson threw a pair of touchdowns, including the winning score in overtime, as Alabama posted a 26-23 Southeastern Conference victory over Mississippi.
Wilson completed 16-of-28 passes for 206 yards for Alabama, which is 12-1 in its last 13 home games.
Kenneth Darby rushed for 162 yards on 25 carries for the Crimson Tide (5-2, 2-2 SEC West), who ran for 228 yards and outgained the Rebels, 434-287.
The Rebels (2-5, 1-3 West) took a 23-20 lead in overtime on Joshua Shene's 37-yard field goal. The Crimson Tide ran the ball on seven of eight plays before Wilson tossed a two-yard score to Le'Ron McClain to end the contest.
Alabama had taken a 20-13 lead on a two-yard run by Tim Castille with 10:32 to play in the fourth quarter. Brent Schaeffer connected on a 55-yard scoring pass to Mike Wallace to tie the game with 8:21 to go.
Schaeffer went 13-of-20 for 163 yards for Ole Miss (2-5, 1-3 SEC West), which has lost three straight to Alabama.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Alabama offensive lineman Cam Robinson, teammate arrested May 17
- Alabama hires Karl Dunbar as defensive line coach May 12
- Alabama dismisses JUCO transfer Charles Baldwin from team May 12
- Texas A&M sheds some swagger and tries to change trajectory May 6
- Ole Miss coach was 'shocked' by Tunsil comments at NFL draft May 5
- Correction: Troy Football Player Killed story May 5
- Troy University football player killed in motorcycle crash May 2
- Ole Miss to investigate Tunsil's comments on receiving cash Apr 29
- Alabama defensive line coach Bo Davis resigns Apr 29
- Satellite camp debate puts spotlight on new NCAA governance Apr 21
- Mississippi's NCAA case receives 30-day extension Apr 21
- Plenty of QB competition in SEC's Western Division Apr 19