Reid, Oklahoma State rally for thrilling win over KansasOct 14, 2006 - 11:37 PM LAWRENCE, Kansas (Ticker) -- Bobby Reid used his arm and legs to help Oklahoma State finally end its conference road woes.
Reid passed for five touchdowns and ran for another score as Oklahoma State rallied from a 17-point deficit to post a 42-32 Big 12 Conference triumph over Kansas.
It was the first Big 12 road win in nearly two years for the Cowboys (4-2, 1-1 Big 12 South), who last won a conference contest away from home at Missouri on October 23, 2004.
The Cowboys fell behind, 17-0, early in the third quarter and appeared headed to their eighth straight conference road loss. But Reid, a sophomore, ignited Oklahoma State's second-half rally with one of the greatest individual offensive performances in school history.
Reid completed 23-of-31 attempts for a career-high 411 yards - the school's second-highest passing total - and ran for 46 yards on 14 carries. His 457 total yards shattered the previous school record of 434 set by current coach Mike Gundy in 1989.
Reid's favorite target was Adarius Bowman, who recorded career highs of 13 receptions for 300 yards and four TDs.
After scampering for a 29-yard score to draw Oklahoma State within 17-14 midway through the third quarter, Reid found Bowman for a 25-yard TD pass with 4:38 remaining in the period to give the Cowboys the lead for good at 21-17.
Reid and Bowman hooked up for two more scores over the next 13 minutes as Oklahoma State built a 42-25 cushion late in the fourth quarter.
Kerry Meier completed 15-of-27 attempts for 187 yards and three TDs while running for 70 yards on 20 carries for Kansas (3-4, 0-3), which converted just 2-of-12 third downs and yielded 28 consecutive points bridging the third and fourth quarters.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Kansas QBs Cozart, Ford receive hardship waivers Apr 20
- Big 12 spring football wrapping up, not talk about expansion Apr 19
- Dobbs, Tennessee exit spring practice amid high expectations Apr 16
- Sheriff: Missing former KU football player killed himself Apr 9
- Oklahoma hires Thibodeaux as new defensive line coach Feb 24
- Kansas boots cornerback, suspends linebacker after arrests Feb 23
- Woman charged in Oklahoma parade crash to face more charges Feb 16
- Cal hires Spavital as offensive coordinator Feb 12
- Big 12 signing day capsules Feb 3
- Oklahoma St. wins big with late additions Wudtee, Bundage Feb 3
- Kansas coach David Beaty hopes to turn corner with new class Feb 3
- TCU adds 2 former players to Patterson's defensive staff Jan 21