Lane, Texas A&M bulldoze Missouri for upset victoryOct 14, 2006 - 11:08 PM COLLEGE STATION, Texas (Ticker) -- Missouri looked to continue its improbable run towards one of the best starts in school history. Jorvorskie Lane clearly had other plans.
Lane ran for a career-high 127 yards and a touchdown and Texas A&M forced three crucial turnovers en route to a 25-19 upset of No. 19 Missouri in a Big 12 Conference showdown.
The Tigers (6-1, 2-1 Big 12 North) entered in search of their first 7-0 start in 46 years.
But the Aggies (6-1, 2-1 South) recovered three fumbles and utilized a power running game thanks to the 274-pound Lane, who carried 28 times. Freshman Mike Goodson added 65 yards on 15 carries and scored the go-ahead TD in the third quarter.
Stephen McGee completed 19-of-23 passes for 183 yards and a TD for Texas A&M, which improved to 7-2 all-time against Missouri.
The Tigers grabbed a 19-17 lead just 77 seconds into the third quarter when McGee was tackled in the end zone for a safety.
However, the Aggies took the lead for good with 6:38 remaining in the period when Goodson plunged into the end zone from two yards out to cap a 13-play, 80-yard drive. McGee ran in for the ensuing two-point conversion, giving Texas A&M a 25-19 cushion.
Chase Daniels completed 21-of-29 attempts for 195 yards and a TD while Will Franklin hauled in four receptions for 119 yards for Missouri, which is off to its best start since 1973.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Former Missouri QB Maty Mauk signs with Eastern Kentucky May 21
- Ex-Aggie Isaiah Golden gets 10 years for 2014 robbery May 13
- Missouri hires Ofodile as recruiting coordinator May 9
- A&M assistant is disciplined for tweets on player's reversal May 9
- Texas A&M sheds some swagger and tries to change trajectory May 6
- Texas A&M coach apologizes for tweets on player's reversal May 5
- Plenty of QB competition in SEC's Western Division Apr 19
- Coaching changes at 3 schools bring new look to SEC East Apr 18
- Sheriff: Missing former KU football player killed himself Apr 9
- Spike Lee premieres University of Missouri film near campus Apr 7
- UCLA begins building new offense around Rosen in spring ball Mar 28
- Fresno State schedules road games at Texas A&M, Arizona St. Mar 10