Harrell, Filani fuel Texas Tech win over Iowa StateOct 22, 2006 - 1:22 AM AMES, Iowa (Ticker) -- Graham Harrell threw six touchdown passes, including three to Joel Filani, as Texas Tech recorded a 42-26 victory over Iowa State in a Big 12 Conference matchup.
Harrell completed 31-of-40 passes for 368 yards, including seven to Filani, who finished with 89 yards through the air. The duo hooked up for TD passes of 30 and seven yards in the first quarter to give Texas Tech a 14-0 lead and added a 16-yarder in the fourth quarter to cap the scoring.
Danny Amendola added three catches for 55 yards and two touchdowns for the Aggies (5-3, 2-2 Big 12 South) and Shannon Woods also caught a TD pass, in addition to rushing for 93 yards on 15 carries.
Iowa State's Bret Meyer was just 14-of-34 for 146 yards and a touchdown. He also threw two interceptions and was sacked five times.
Stevie Hicks accumulated 56 yards on 10 carries and Meyer chipped in a 10-yard TD run for the Cyclones (3-5, 0-4 North), who converted just 3-of-15 third downs and were outgained, 475-221.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- 3 Texas Tech football players kicked off the team May 5
- Big 12 spring football wrapping up, not talk about expansion Apr 19
- Matt Campbell brings spark to the Cyclones Apr 16
- Is a revenue gap keeping top coaches away from G5 schools? Apr 15
- Iowa State players credited with saving woman's life Apr 1
- Iowa State, Campbell banking on QB Joel Lanning in 2016 Mar 31
- Ex-Oklahoma AD, Big 12 administrator Donnie Duncan dies Mar 13
- New Iowa St coach wipes slate clean for team Mar 9
- Iowa State LB Levi Peters to skip senior season Mar 7
- Arkansas hires Rhoads as new defensive backs coach Feb 24
- Iowa State loses WR Montgomery, RB Thomas Feb 10
- Good drama gives Texas another top Big 12 recruiting class Feb 3