Ore, Virginia Tech roll over Southern MissOct 22, 2006 - 4:54 AM BLACKSBURG, Virginia (Ticker) -- Branden Ore helped Virginia Tech emphatically end a rare losing streak.
Ore rushed for 207 yards and two touchdowns on 23 carries as the Hokies crushed Southern Mississippi, 36-6, in a non-conference matchup.
Virginia Tech (5-2) collected 284 yards on the ground as it shook off the sting of Atlantic Coast Conference defeats vs. Georgia Tech and at Boston College.
Ore gave the Hokies the lead for good, 7-3, on a two-yard run midway through the first quarter. He added a 70-yard TD burst for a 29-6 lead with 4:29 to play in the contest.
Sean Glennon completed just 4-of-11 passes for 100 yards, a touchdown and an interception for the Hokies, who scored the final 29 points.
Southern Miss (4-3) counterpart Jeremy Young went 13-of-24 for 134 yards.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- 3 new coaches adds twist to topsy-turvy ACC Coastal Division Apr 26
- Hokies indefinitely suspend Alexander, Gaines after arrests Apr 26
- Is a revenue gap keeping top coaches away from G5 schools? Apr 15
- Big Ten East loses top stars, but new ones are set to emerge Apr 14
- Maryland, Virginia Tech set 4-game series for 2026-29 Feb 17
- Florida hires Virginia Tech's Gray as defensive backs coach Feb 4
- ACC football recruiting team capsules Feb 3
- Florida State leads the way in the ACC on signing day Feb 3
- Fuente's first class at Virginia Tech includes 21 signees Feb 3
- Jay Hopson takes over Southern Miss' football program Feb 1
- Southern Mississippi hires Jay Hopson as football coach Jan 30
- ETSU to face Western Carolina at Bristol Motor Speedway Jan 28