Cincinnati earns first Big East win against South FloridaOct 23, 2006 - 5:20 AM CINCINNATI (Ticker) -- Linebacker Kevin McCullough returned a fumble for a touchdown and Greg Moore ran for a score as Cincinnati posted a 23-6 victory over South Florida in a Big East Conference matchup.
Butler Benton, who rushed for 55 yards, also reached the end zone for the Bearcats (4-4, 1-2 Big East), who captured their first conference win.
Cincinnati held just a 2-0 edge before McCullough recovered a fumble by South Florida running back Taurus Johnson and sprinted 39 yards for a score with 1:02 left in the third quarter.
Moore, who ran for 66 yards, extended the lead to 16-0 with a one-yard TD 2:08 into the final quarter.
Dustin Grutza threw for 105 yards for the Bearcats, who won their second straight meeting with the Bulls (5-3, 1-2).
Pat Julmiste tossed an 11-yard TD to Amp Hill for South Florida's lone score.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- UAB coach: RB Greg Bryant 'still fighting for his life' May 7
- After rebounding from rock bottom, Taggart and USF on rise Apr 15
- Georgia State hires veteran assistants Minter, McDonell Apr 1
- Riley announces departure of Nebraska DL coach Hank Hughes Feb 5
- Scott says Miami experience has given him new perspective Jan 7
- Clemson, Oklahoma arrive in South Florida for Orange Bowl Dec 26
- Week of sightseeing goes well before Hawaii Bowl Dec 23
- Hawaii Bowl Capsule Dec 23
- Western Kentucky QB Doughty and "God-given arm" eyeing NFL Dec 22
- USF signs Taggart to 3-year extension through 2020 Dec 21
- Taggart's past and present collide in Miami Beach Bowl Dec 20
- Miami Beach Bowl Capsule Dec 20