Kentucky holds off rally by Mississippi StateOct 28, 2006 - 11:47 PM STARKVILLE, Mississippi (Ticker) -- Andre Woodson threw for 284 yards and three touchdowns and Kentucky withstood a late rally to post a 34-31 Southeastern Conference victory over Mississippi State.
The Bulldogs (2-5, 0-5 SEC West) cut a 14-point fourth-quarter deficit to 34-31 on Anthony Dixon's one-yard run with 2:20 to play but could get no closer.
Keenan Burton caught a pair of touchdown passes and Dicky Lyons also had a TD catch for the Wildcats (4-4, 2-3 East).
Kentucky's Alfonso Smith rushed for 92 yards and Lones Seiber kicked two field goals, including what proved to be the decisive points with 8:08 to go.
Michael Henig threw for 384 yards and three touchdowns for the Bulldogs. He connected on scoring strikes of 75 and 36 yards to Tony Burks, who had seven receptions for 192 yards.
Kentucky limited Mississippi State to 24 yards rushing on 24 attempts.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Plenty of QB competition in SEC's Western Division Apr 19
- Coaching changes at 3 schools bring new look to SEC East Apr 18
- Not much separation in Mississippi State's 4-man QB race Apr 16
- Maryland hires Andy Buh as its next defensive coordinator Apr 5
- Mississippi State signee Simmons facing charges after fight Mar 29
- Prescott's breathalyzer tests inconclusive after DUI arrest Mar 15
- Ex-Mississippi State QB Dak Prescott arrested on DUI charge Mar 13
- Mississippi State QB Prescott shows off arm for NFL execs Mar 10
- Kentucky dismisses Hatcher after arrest on marijuana charge Feb 22
- SEC football recruiting team capsules Feb 3
- ACC football recruiting team capsules Feb 3
- MSU grabs pair of defensive linemen on signing day Feb 3