Reesing's big second half lifts Kansas past ColoradoOct 28, 2006 - 10:24 PM LAWRENCE, Kansas (Ticker) -- Todd Reesing took the field and took over the game.
Inserted into the contest after his team endured an ugly first half, Reesing threw for two touchdowns and ran for another as Kansas rallied for a 20-15 Big 12 Conference victory over Colorado.
Kansas (4-5, 1-4 Big 12 North) managed only 135 yards in the first half and entered intermission trailing, 9-0. But that was when Reesing, a freshman, came onto the field for the first time in his collegiate career and left a lasting impression on the woeful Buffaloes (1-8, 1-4 North).
Reesing orchestrated a 76-yard drive in the third quarter that he capped with a 22-yard TD pass to Jon Cornish to draw the Jayhawks within 9-7.
In the first minute of the fourth quarter, Reesing scampered for a three-yard touchdown run to put Kansas ahead, 14-9. He added a five-yard TD pass to Derek Fine 6 1/2 minutes later to create a 12-point advantage.
Colorado got within 20-15 on Ryan Walters' 95-yard fumble return for a touchdown with 3:17 remaining. But that capped the scoring for the Buffaloes, who had won five straight meetings in the series.
Reesing completed 7-of-11 passes for 106 yards with the two touchdowns and an interception. He also had seven carries for 93 yards, including a 63-yard scamper. That performance was a far cry from the first half, when Adam Barmann went 11-of-18 for 74 yards and two interceptions.
Bernard Jackson was 9-of-21 for 132 yards with an interception and Mason Crosby kicked field goals of 37, 26 and 32 yards in the first half for Colorado.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Kansas QBs Cozart, Ford receive hardship waivers Apr 20
- Dobbs, Tennessee exit spring practice amid high expectations Apr 16
- Sheriff: Missing former KU football player killed himself Apr 9
- Colorado backup quarterback, safety dismissed from team Mar 1
- Oklahoma hires Thibodeaux as new defensive line coach Feb 24
- Kansas boots cornerback, suspends linebacker after arrests Feb 23
- Colorado promotes Hagan to running backs coach Feb 13
- Man banned from using Bible verse drops suit against school Feb 5
- Colorado will bring in graduate transfer to compete at QB Feb 3
- Big 12 signing day capsules Feb 3
- Kansas coach David Beaty hopes to turn corner with new class Feb 3
- QB Jones back at Tennessee after brief stay at Colorado Jan 27