Meier passes Kansas past Iowa StateNov 4, 2006 - 11:56 PM AMES, Iowa (Ticker) -- Kerry Meier had a successful return for Kansas.
Meier passed for 199 yards and two touchdowns as the Jayhawks defeated Iowa State, 41-10, in a Big 12 Conference matchup.
Brandon McAnderson and Derek Fine each scored two touchdowns for Kansas (5-5, 2-4 Big 12 North), which amassed 403 yards and 19 first downs.
After missing three weeks earlier in the season and last week's 20-15 triumph over Colorado with an injured right shoulder, Meier wasted little time getting back into the swing, hooking up with Brian Murph for a 50-yard TD with 9:33 left in the first quarter to give Kansas a 7-3 lead.
Meier completed 17-of-22 passes and backup Todd Reesing was 3-of-5 for 34 yards and a touchdown, a 29-yard score to Fine with 67 seconds left in the first quarter that opened a 14-3 lead.
Fine caught a three-yard TD pass from Meier with 5:23 left in the second quarter and McAnderson scored on a four-yard run with 23 seconds left in the half for a 27-3 lead.
Bret Meyer went 16-of-31 for 180 yards for the Cyclones (3-7, 0-6 North), who managed just 33 yards on the ground.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Kansas QBs Cozart, Ford receive hardship waivers Apr 20
- Matt Campbell brings spark to the Cyclones Apr 16
- Dobbs, Tennessee exit spring practice amid high expectations Apr 16
- Is a revenue gap keeping top coaches away from G5 schools? Apr 15
- Sheriff: Missing former KU football player killed himself Apr 9
- Iowa State players credited with saving woman's life Apr 1
- Iowa State, Campbell banking on QB Joel Lanning in 2016 Mar 31
- Ex-Oklahoma AD, Big 12 administrator Donnie Duncan dies Mar 13
- New Iowa St coach wipes slate clean for team Mar 9
- Iowa State LB Levi Peters to skip senior season Mar 7
- Oklahoma hires Thibodeaux as new defensive line coach Feb 24
- Arkansas hires Rhoads as new defensive backs coach Feb 24