Oregon State keeps rolling, pounds Arizona StateNov 5, 2006 - 2:09 AM CORVALLIS, Oregon (Ticker) -- So much for an Oregon State letdown.
Returning from an injury, Yvenson Bernard rushed for two touchdowns and the Beavers jumped on Arizona State early en route to a 44-10 Pac-10 Conference victory, their fourth in a row.
The Beavers (6-3, 4-2 Pac-10), who stunned then-No. 3 Southern California here last week, wasted little time taking control, scoring on their first five possessions for a 31-10 halftime lead.
Bernard, who sat out the USC game, scored on runs of one and three yards to give the Beavers a 14-0 first-quarter lead, and finished with 66 yards on 24 carries.
After Arizona State's Keegan Herring scored on a 40-yard run to slice the deficit to 17-7, the Beavers pulled away when Matt Moore hit Anthony Wheat-Brown on a nine-yard scoring strike and Moore scored on a five-yard run for a 31-7 lead barely six minutes into the second quarter.
Moore rushed five times for 44 yards and completed 17-of-31 passes for 282 yards and a touchdown. Arizona State counterpart Rudy Carpenter was just 9-of-27 for 124 yards with two interceptions.
Herring led the Sun Devils (5-4, 2-4) with 69 yards on 15 carries.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Utah coordinator Morgan Scalley focused on smarter defense Apr 19
- Villamin sees Oregon State's receivers on the right track Apr 16
- Arizona State adds Yantis, Hamilton to football staff Apr 15
- Quarterbacks again a focus for Oregon State Apr 14
- Former starting QB Seth Collins rejoins Beavers, will be WR Apr 11
- Oregon State holds scrimmage for Portland-area fans Apr 9
- Fresno State schedules road games at Texas A&M, Arizona St. Mar 10
- Cal Poly to face Oregon State in 2019 Feb 17
- Arizona State hires Seumalo as defensive line coach Feb 16
- Pac-12 football recruiting team capsules Feb 3
- SEC football recruiting team capsules Feb 3
- Arizona State keeps commitments despite turnover Feb 3