Kaheaku-Enhada, Ballard lead Navy to another bowl berthNov 4, 2006 - 11:23 PM DURHAM, North Carolina (Ticker) -- Kaipo-Noa Kaheaku-Enhada and Adam Ballard provided Navy with a bowl berth.
Kaheaku-Enhada and Ballard each ran for more than 100 yards and combined for four touchdowns as the Midshipmen posted an easy 38-13 victory over winless Duke, clinching their fourth consecutive bowl bid for the first time in school history.
The triumph ended a two-game losing streak and gave Navy a date in the Meineke Car Care Bowl against an Atlantic Coast Conference opponent on December 30 in Charlotte.
Duke took the opening drive and moved 70 yards on five plays, capped by a one-yard score by Re'quan Boyette to take a short-lived 6-0 edge. But Navy's punishing attack took control thereafter, piling up 435 yards on the ground and scoring 38 straight points.
Kaheaku-Enhada, a sophomore from Hawaii making his second career start, ran 14 times for 119 yards and completed 2-of-4 passes for 32 yards and another TD. His one-yard run with 8:31 left in the first quarter gave the Midshipmen a 7-6 lead.
Ballard ran 27 times for 103 yards and scored on a one-yard run in the first quarter and a three-yard run in the fourth to cap the scoring for Navy (6-3), which outgained Duke (0-9), 467-294.
Shun White carried five times for 85 yards for Navy, including a 39-yard TD run just 1:17 into the second quarter that stretched the lead to 21-7.
Thaddeus Lewis completed 15-of-22 passes for 181 yards and a TD for the Blue Devils, who have lost a national-worst 17 straight games.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Duke's Holliday getting back to normal 4 years after crash May 12
- 3 new coaches adds twist to topsy-turvy ACC Coastal Division Apr 26
- With Sirk injured, Boehme takes control of Duke offense Apr 9
- Road trip: Florida State playing spring game in Orlando Apr 8
- Line change: FSU's Leonard switches from defense to offense Apr 7
- Duke QB Sirk out with ruptured left Achilles tendon Feb 9
- Even now, the 1946 Army-Navy game worth remembering Feb 6
- Duke brings in best recruiting class of Cutcliffe's tenure Feb 3
- Oregon QB sparkles, throwing 3 TD passes in East-West game Jan 23
- Navy's Reynolds switches from QB to RB for East-West game Jan 22
- Muschamp believes in offense coordinator once fired with him Jan 8
- Reynolds, Niumatalolo lead Navy vs Pitt in Military Bowl Dec 27