Green-Ellis, Rebels overpower Division I-AA DemonsNov 5, 2006 - 2:11 AM OXFORD, Mississippi (Ticker) -- B.J. Green-Ellis helped Mississippi run to an easy victory.
Green-Ellis ran for 116 yards and a touchdown on just 14 carries and Brent Schaeffer threw for another score as the Rebels defeated Division I-AA Northwestern State, 27-7, in the first meeting between the schools.
Green-Ellis has led the Rebels (2-8) in rushing in each game this season. He has 864 yards and is on pace to become Ole Miss' first 1,000-yard rusher since Deuce McAllister in 1998.
The junior running back started the scoring with a four-yard run with 11:41 remaining in the first quarter to cap a seven-play, 71-yard drive.
Schaeffer threw a 35-yard TD pass to Mike Wallace to make it 27-7 with 3:34 remaining in the third period. The junior signal-caller completed 13-for-23 passes for 175 yards for the Rebels, who outgained the Demons, 401-261.
Byron Lawrence ran for 82 yards on 10 carries for Northwestern State (5-4) which is 10-20 all time against Division I-A teams.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- 2016 FCS vs. FBS: Southland Conference May 16
- Ole Miss coach was 'shocked' by Tunsil comments at NFL draft May 5
- Undrafted FCS players get shot at NFL May 3
- Ole Miss to investigate Tunsil's comments on receiving cash Apr 29
- Date change for UIW at Northwestern State Apr 29
- Satellite camp debate puts spotlight on new NCAA governance Apr 21
- Mississippi's NCAA case receives 30-day extension Apr 21
- Plenty of QB competition in SEC's Western Division Apr 19
- Mississippi State signee Simmons facing charges after fight Mar 29
- Tunsil puts up big bench press numbers at Ole Miss pro day Mar 28
- Florida's McElwain praises Harbaugh for 'pressing envelopes' Mar 9
- Ole Miss football player Speaks arrested, charged with DUI Mar 4