Carpenter helps Arizona State rout Washington StateNov 12, 2006 - 6:25 AM TEMPE, Arizona (Ticker) -- Rudy Carpenter and Arizona State had their way with Washington State's defense.
Carpenter threw for 339 yards and three touchdowns as the Sun Devils posted a 47-14 rout of the Cougars in Pac-10 Conference action.
Carpenter completed 15-of-24 passes with one interception for Arizona State (6-4, 3-4 Pac-10), which won its third straight in the series after dropping the previous three. Brandon Smith had three catches for 102 yards and a touchdown for the Sun Devils, who outgained the Cougars by a whopping 562-192 margin.
The game was tied, 7-7, before Jesse Ainsworth connected on a 34-yard field goal with 5:29 remaining in the first quarter, triggering a run of 23 straight Arizona State point entering the break.
Ainsworth added field goals of 46 and 47 yards in the second quarter and 32 yards in the fourth.
Alex Brink went 14-of-30 for 161 yards, two touchdowns and two interceptions for the Cougars (6-5, 4-4), who held the ball for just 23:01, including only 2:52 of the fourth quarter.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Arizona State adds Yantis, Hamilton to football staff Apr 15
- Cougars seek to improve on best season in decade Mar 30
- Fresno State schedules road games at Texas A&M, Arizona St. Mar 10
- Arizona State hires Seumalo as defensive line coach Feb 16
- Pac-12 football recruiting team capsules Feb 3
- Arizona State keeps commitments despite turnover Feb 3
- USC, UCLA reign in Pac-12 recruiting battles Feb 3
- Oklahoma St. wins big with late additions Wudtee, Bundage Feb 3
- Washington St adds offensive linemen, defensive backs Feb 3
- Washington State hires Shephard as inside receivers coach Jan 25
- Oregon names David Yost quarterbacks coach Jan 13
- Face protection the priority when catching long snaps Jan 10