Hunt scores four times in Penn State rout of TempleNov 12, 2006 - 2:27 AM STATE COLLEGE, Pennsylvania (Ticker) -- Temple was just the right foe Tony Hunt and a struggling Penn State offense needed.
Hunt ran for 167 yards and scored four times and the Nittany Lions scored three touchdowns in the first quarter en route to a 47-0 victory over lowly Temple.
Anthony Morelli threw for 159 yards and a touchdown for Penn State (7-4), which had not scored a touchdown in its last two games, against Wisconsin and Purdue.
Hunt ripped off TD runs of 22 and 26 yards in the first quarter before Derrick Williams fielded a punt near the right hash mark, headed to the left sideline and raced 75 yards to make it 21-0 just 8:54 into the game.
Hunt, who went past the 1,000-yard mark for the season and moved into the top five all-time on the school's rushing list, scored on an 11-yard run in the second quarter and opened the second-half scoring when he hauled in an 11-yard pass from Morelli.
Kevin Kelly added two field goals and reserve quarterback Daryll Clark scored on a one-yard run for the Nittany Lions, who held a 411-74 edge in total offense.
Adam Dimichele completed 7-for-17 passes for 52 yards and an interception for Temple (1-10), which also lost two of its five fumbles.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Penn State player had symptoms for years before filing suit May 19
- Taking the lead: Houston QB Ward learning new role for team May 14
- The Latest: Penn State has no records on new Paterno claim May 6
- Judge's order reopens questions about what Paterno knew when May 6
- Penn State OKs some alcohol sales at games May 6
- Jerry Sandusky presses appeal, wants to question ex-lawyers May 2
- Satellite camp debate puts spotlight on new NCAA governance Apr 21
- Penn State uses spring to install new offense, find new QB Apr 16
- Big Ten East loses top stars, but new ones are set to emerge Apr 14
- Trump baffles with question about late ex-Penn State coach Apr 14
- Sankey: SEC's satellite camp issues go beyond Harbaugh Apr 11
- Penn State RB Barkley looking to evolve this spring, summer Apr 4