McGill helps UNC beat NC StateNov 18, 2006 - 9:21 PM CHAPEL HILL, North Carolina (Ticker) -- Ronnie McGill helped North Carolina's senior class go out with three straight wins over bitter rival North Carolina State.
McGill rushed for 101 yards and a touchdown as the Tar Heels posted a 23-9 Atlantic Coast Conference victory over the Wolfpack.
Another senior, Brian Rackley iced the contest with a two-yard fumble recovery for a touchdown with 2:23 to play for the Tar Heels (2-9, 1-6 ACC Coastal), who posted their first win over a Division I-A opponent this season.
Joe Dailey completed 8-of-15 passes for 137 yards for North Carolina, which won despite being outgained, 341-260.
Daniel Evans went 22-of-41 for 261 yards but was both intercepted and sacked three times for the Wolfpack (3-8, 2-6 Atlantic).
McGill opened the scoring with a one-yard run with 6:28 remaining in the first quarter and the Tar Heels led thereafter.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- NC State adds 2 graduate transfers to football program May 16
- 3 new coaches adds twist to topsy-turvy ACC Coastal Division Apr 26
- NCAA adds charge, removes another from UNC academic case Apr 25
- Offense a priority this spring for ACC's Atlantic Division Apr 25
- No surprise: UNC names Trubisky as starting QB for opener Apr 22
- Tar Heels aim to build on defensive turnaround from 2015 Apr 16
- Trubisky working through spring to seize job as UNC's top QB Apr 15
- Drinkwitz wants Wolfpack to build off spring in new offense Apr 9
- Judge dismisses academic claims by ex-UNC athletes Feb 19
- UNC turns to OL coach Kapilovic as offensive coordinator Feb 3
- ACC football recruiting team capsules Feb 3
- Mendenhall inks 24 in first year at Virginia Feb 3