Moore, Oregon State rout host StanfordNov 19, 2006 - 12:41 AM PALO ALTO, California (Ticker) -- Matt Moore dashed any hopes Stanford had of producing a winning streak this season.
Moore threw a pair of touchdowns and ran for another score as Oregon State routed Stanford, 30-7, in a Pac-10 Conference contest.
Moore completed 15-of-24 passes for 176 yards without an interception for the Beavers (7-4, 5-3 Pac-10), who scored 30 unanswered points in their fifth win in six games.
Stanford (1-10, 1-7), which was coming off a 20-3 triumph at Washington, opened a quick 7-0 lead on a 36-yard run by Anthony Kimble just 3:21 into the contest.
But Moore countered with a 28-yard pass to Sammie Stroughter 2 1/2 minutes later, then gave the visitors the lead with a 15-yard TD toss to Brandon Powers 11 seconds into the second quarter.
Alexis Serna added field goals of 29, 31 and 18 yards before Moore capped the scoring on a one-yard run with 5:04 left.
Yvenson Bernard rushed for 169 yards for the Beavers, who outgained the Cardinal, 385-210.
T.C. Ostrander went 9-of-25 for 125 yards and an interception in the losing effort. He was sacked five times.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Clemson offense set to step forward, led by Deshaun Watson May 4
- Utah coordinator Morgan Scalley focused on smarter defense Apr 19
- Villamin sees Oregon State's receivers on the right track Apr 16
- Quarterbacks again a focus for Oregon State Apr 14
- Former starting QB Seth Collins rejoins Beavers, will be WR Apr 11
- Oregon State holds scrimmage for Portland-area fans Apr 9
- Maryland hires Andy Buh as its next defensive coordinator Apr 5
- Penn State RB Barkley looking to evolve this spring, summer Apr 4
- DB Zach Hoffpauir returns to Stanford after baseball career Mar 29
- Stanford QB Kevin Hogan shows off at NFL pro day Mar 17
- Spring brings QB competitions from Alabama to Notre Dame Feb 25
- Cal Poly to face Oregon State in 2019 Feb 17