South Carolina routs Middle Tennessee in final home gameNov 18, 2006 - 9:37 PM COLUMBIA, South Carolina (Ticker) - Middle Tennessee scored 30 seconds into the game against South Carolina. Not much went right for the Blue Raiders thereafter.
Blake Mitchell threw for 388 yards and four touchdowns as the Gamecocks routed the Blue Raiders, 52-7, in their final home game of the season.
Mitchell completed 21-of-28 passes without an interception for South Carolina (6-5), which held a 500-245 advantage in total offense.
Middle Tennessee (7-4) took a 7-0 lead in the opening minute on a 73-yard scoring strike from Clint Marks to Desmond Gee.
But Cory Boyd tied the game on a four-yard run 10 minutes later and the Gamecocks took the lead for good on a 15-yard pass from Mitchell to Andy Boyd with 12 seconds left in the opening quarter.
Mitchell gave the hosts a 28-7 lead heading into the break with scoring strikes of 37 and 27 yards to Sidney Rice.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Former South Carolina starting QB Connor Mitch to transfer May 20
- Ex-South Carolina RB Lattimore moving on without football Apr 29
- Coaching changes at 3 schools bring new look to SEC East Apr 18
- South Carolina football ends ties with chaplain Apr 15
- McIlwain looks best of South Carolina's QBs at spring game Apr 9
- Fast track: Early enrollment now common in college football Apr 9
- WR Cooper works out for NFL execs on South Carolina pro day Mar 30
- Wanted: South Carolina starting quarterback Mar 29
- New Auburn assistants hoping to help script turnaround Mar 29
- South Carolina's Elliott happy to step down to assistant Mar 25
- Spurrier to receive Neyland Trophy from Knoxville QB Club Mar 24
- Muschamp back on field as South Carolina coach Mar 15