Kock scores twice for Iowa St as McCarney goes out a winnerNov 18, 2006 - 11:41 PM AMES, Iowa (Ticker) -- Ryan Kock helped Iowa State coach Dan McCarney go out on a high note.
Kock rushed for a career-high 179 yards and two touchdowns in his final game as the Cyclones snapped a six-game losing streak with a 21-16 Big 12 Conference victory over Missouri.
McCarney announced his resignation last week after 12 seasons. He finished his career at Iowa State with a 56-84 record.
Kock, a fullback who moved to running back last week, capped an 11-play, 76-yard drive with a nine-yard TD run with 2:42 left in the third period to give the Cyclones (4-8, 1-7 Big 12 North) a 21-10 lead.
But the Tigers (7-4, 3-4 North) rallied for an 80-yard drive, capped by a seven-yard score by Tony Temple with 13:46 left to cut the deficit to five.
On the last drive of the game, Missouri converted a 4th-and-1 at midfield and eventually reached the Iowa State 1. Chase Daniel crossed the line on the next play but a holding penalty moved the ball back to the 11. Daniel was sacked on the next play as time expired.
Daniel completed 29-of-44 passes for 310 yards and one touchdown. He hit Tommy Saunders for 23 and 17 yards, respectively, on the final drive to get the ball inside the 10.
Bret Meyer was 15-of-27 for 153 yards and a touchdown for the Cyclones, who were outgained, 400-349.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Former Missouri QB Maty Mauk signs with Eastern Kentucky May 21
- Missouri hires Ofodile as recruiting coordinator May 9
- Coaching changes at 3 schools bring new look to SEC East Apr 18
- Matt Campbell brings spark to the Cyclones Apr 16
- Is a revenue gap keeping top coaches away from G5 schools? Apr 15
- Sheriff: Missing former KU football player killed himself Apr 9
- Spike Lee premieres University of Missouri film near campus Apr 7
- Iowa State players credited with saving woman's life Apr 1
- Iowa State, Campbell banking on QB Joel Lanning in 2016 Mar 31
- Ex-Oklahoma AD, Big 12 administrator Donnie Duncan dies Mar 13
- New Iowa St coach wipes slate clean for team Mar 9
- Iowa State LB Levi Peters to skip senior season Mar 7