Woodson, Burton help Kentucky win shootout over ULMNov 18, 2006 - 10:26 PM LEXINGTON, Kentucky (Ticker) -- Andre' Woodson, Kennan Burton and Kentucky did just enough to hold off Louisiana-Monroe.
Woodson and Burton connected on three touchdown passes as the Wildcats edged the Warhawks, 42-40, in a non-conference matchup.
Woodson completed 25-of-35 passes for 359 yards without an interception for Kentucky (7-4), which was playing its final home game of the season.
Louisiana-Monroe (2-8) rallied from a 28-10 second-quarter deficit to take a 34-33 lead on a one-yard run by Calvin Dawson with 2:57 left in the third quarter.
Lones Seiber countered with a 34-yard field goal 52 seconds into the fourth quarter to give the hosts the lead, and Woodson and Burton hooked up for a 25-yard scoring strike for a 42-34 advantage with 8:17 remaining.
The Warhawks pulled within 42-40 on a one-yard run by quarterback Kinsmon Lancaster with 54 seconds left, but he was kept out of the end zone on a two-point conversion try.
Dawson rushed for 179 yards and three touchdowns for the Warhawks, who outgained the Wildcats on the ground, 351-98.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Coaching changes at 3 schools bring new look to SEC East Apr 18
- Maryland hires Andy Buh as its next defensive coordinator Apr 5
- Kentucky dismisses Hatcher after arrest on marijuana charge Feb 22
- New North Texas coach Littrell completes staff with 6 hires Feb 18
- SEC football recruiting team capsules Feb 3
- Kentucky signs 25 prospects, including 5 in-state players Feb 3
- College Football Hall of Famer Lou Michaels dies at 80 Jan 19
- Student pleads guilty to misdemeanor in stadium drone case Jan 7
- Kentucky releases OC Dawson, WRs coach Mainord from staff Dec 18
- Stoops: Kentucky program must 'move the needle' in Year 4 Dec 16
- ULM hires Viator as head coach Dec 14
- Kentucky QB Patrick Towles will transfer from Wildcats Nov 29