Harrell, Johnson help Texas Tech rally past Oklahoma StateNov 18, 2006 - 11:57 PM LUBBOCK, Texas (Ticker) -- Oklahoma State scored the first 17 points. But even that wasn't enough for the Cowboys to end a lengthy losing streak at Jones AT&T Stadium.
Graham Harrell threw a pair of touchdown passes to Robert Johnson as Texas Tech rallied for a 30-24 triumph over Big 12 Conference rival Oklahoma State, which has lost its last eight trips here.
The Cowboys (7-5, 4-3 Big 12 South) got first-quarter TD runs from Dantrell Savage and Bobby Reid and a 47-yard field goal from Jason Ricks early in the second period to take a 17-0 lead on the Red Raiders (6-5, 3-4 South).
But Texas Tech's Alex Trlica responded with a 28-yard field goal several minutes later and Harrell found Johnson for an eight-yard touchdown in the final seconds of the half to make it 17-10.
The duo hooked up again less than three minutes into the third quarter, this time on a 24-yard score that drew the Red Raiders even.
Shannon Woods scored on a one-yard TD run later in the period to give Texas Tech the lead for good and Trlica tacked on two more field goals to seal the win.
Harrell completed 28-of-44 passes for 353 yards without an interception. Johnson finished with eight catches for 108 yards and Woods gained 84 yards on 15 carries.
Oklahoma State's Bobby Reid was just 11-of-31 for 145 yards with a touchdown and an interception. Savage carried 22 times for 120 yards and a score for the Cowboys, who lost despite holding the ball for more than 36 minutes.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- 3 Texas Tech football players kicked off the team May 5
- Big 12 spring football wrapping up, not talk about expansion Apr 19
- Woman charged in Oklahoma parade crash to face more charges Feb 16
- Cal hires Spavital as offensive coordinator Feb 12
- Colorado will bring in graduate transfer to compete at QB Feb 3
- Big 12 signing day capsules Feb 3
- Texas Tech signs 14 defensive, 10 offensive players Feb 3
- Oklahoma St. wins big with late additions Wudtee, Bundage Feb 3
- TCU adds 2 former players to Patterson's defensive staff Jan 21
- Mahomes to forgo Texas Tech baseball to focus on football Jan 20
- Texas Tech's Hocutt named College Football Playoff chairman Jan 14
- Mississippi QB Chad Kelly will return for senior season Jan 11