Daniel, Missouri roll over Kansas to end skidNov 25, 2006 - 10:20 PM COLUMBIA, Missouri (Ticker) -- Chase Daniel ended Missouri's three-game losing streak in grand fashion.
Daniel passed for a career-high 356 yards and four touchdowns to lift Missouri to a 42-17 Big 12 Conference triumph over Kansas.
It was the first victory in more than a month for the Tigers (8-4, 4-4 Big 12 North), whose last win came on October 21 against Kansas State.
Playing rival Kansas for the 115th time, Missouri built a 20-7 halftime lead thanks to a pair of TD passes from Daniel, who hit Jared Perry for a 74-yard score in the first quarter and found Chase Coffman for a five-yarder early in the second.
The Jayhawks (6-6, 3-5 North) pulled within 20-17 on Kerry Meier's 42-yard TD strike to Aqib Talib midway through the third quarter.
But the Tigers closed the game with 22 unanswered points to improve to 53-53-9 in college football's second-oldest rivalry.
A sophomore, Daniel completed 26-of-38 attempts without an interception. Martin Rucker hauled in seven receptions for 91 yards while Coffman had 58 yards and two TDs on seven catches. Tony Temple ran for 72 yards and a score for Missouri, accumulated 493 yards of total offense.
Meier went 8-of-15 for 99 yards and a TD while Jon Cornish ran for 126 yards and a score on just 15 carries for Kansas, which had its three-game winning streak snapped.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Former Missouri QB Maty Mauk signs with Eastern Kentucky May 21
- Missouri hires Ofodile as recruiting coordinator May 9
- Kansas QBs Cozart, Ford receive hardship waivers Apr 20
- Coaching changes at 3 schools bring new look to SEC East Apr 18
- Dobbs, Tennessee exit spring practice amid high expectations Apr 16
- Sheriff: Missing former KU football player killed himself Apr 9
- Spike Lee premieres University of Missouri film near campus Apr 7
- Oklahoma hires Thibodeaux as new defensive line coach Feb 24
- Kansas boots cornerback, suspends linebacker after arrests Feb 23
- Barry Odom approaches 1st season at Missouri with confidence Feb 19
- New Missouri coach Odom, staff attend fan 'welcome' Feb 15
- SEC football recruiting team capsules Feb 3