Amato on thin ice as NC State falls to East CarolinaNov 26, 2006 - 4:07 AM RALEIGH, North Carolina (Ticker) -- This certainly did not help Chuck Amato's job security.
James Pinkney threw a pair of touchdowns as East Carolina posted a 21-16 victory over North Carolina State, which ended a miserable season with seven straight defeats.
Amato may have coached his last game with the Wolfpack (3-9), who went just 1-3 against non-conference opponents this season, beating just Division I-AA Appalachian State. He is 49-37 in seven seasons guiding the program.
Pinkney, who completed 14-of-29 passes for 220 yards, gave the Pirates (7-5) a 14-10 lead entering the break with a 53-yard scoring strike to Aundrae Allison with just four seconds remaining.
Brandon Fractious essentially sealed the win with a 12-yard TD run with 2:37 left. He finished with 92 yards on 17 carries.
Jamelle Eugene scored on a two-yard run with just 19 seconds left for the Wolfpack. But their two-point conversion failed as did the ensuing onside kick.
Daniel Evans went 17-of-27 for 186 yards in the loss.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- NC State adds 2 graduate transfers to football program May 16
- Man who punched ex-Mankato player gets 5 months in jail May 13
- Former East Carolina coach rejuvenated by job at Virginia May 3
- Offense a priority this spring for ACC's Atlantic Division Apr 25
- Plenty of QB competition in SEC's Western Division Apr 19
- East Carolina unveils $55 million stadium project for 2017 Apr 16
- Drinkwitz wants Wolfpack to build off spring in new offense Apr 9
- Guilty plea in 2014 attack on ex-Minn. State, Mankato player Mar 23
- Randy Moss' son headlines NC State's recruiting class Feb 3
- NC State hires Boise State's Drinkwitz to run offense Jan 11
- Pittsburgh hires Matt Canada as offensive coordinator Jan 8
- NC State TE Grinnage to skip final season, enter NFL draft Jan 6