Correction: Troy Football Player Killed storyMay 5, 2016 - 4:26 PM GULF SHORES, Ala. (AP) In a story May 2 about a fatal motorcycle crash, The Associated Press used the wrong last name of the crash victim on second reference. It's Harris, not Woodruff.
A corrected version of the story is below:
Troy University football player killed in motorcycle crash
A Troy University football player has died after being in a motorcycle crash in Alabama
GULF SHORES, Ala. (AP) - A Troy University football player has died following a motorcycle crash in Alabama.
Gulf Shores Police Sgt. Jonathan Woodruff tells local news outlets that 19-year-old Nathan Harris was driving a motorcycle Saturday morning on U.S. 231. For unknown reasons, Harris' motorcycle struck the end of a flatbed truck tandem trailer carrying lumber.
Harris was a Gulf Shores native.
According to a release from Troy University Athletics, Harris joined the Troy football team as a walk-on in the fall and worked his way up to the team's starting holder.
Troy Athletics Director Jeremy McClain called Harris' death an ''unthinkable tragedy'' in the statement, and said the university will ''provide support and comfort for his teammates, friends and coaches as they go through the grieving process.''
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Alabama offensive lineman Cam Robinson, teammate arrested May 17
- Alabama hires Karl Dunbar as defensive line coach May 12
- Alabama dismisses JUCO transfer Charles Baldwin from team May 12
- Texas A&M sheds some swagger and tries to change trajectory May 6
- Troy University football player killed in motorcycle crash May 2
- Alabama defensive line coach Bo Davis resigns Apr 29
- Plenty of QB competition in SEC's Western Division Apr 19
- Coaching changes at 3 schools bring new look to SEC East Apr 18
- Alabama's young QBs shine in spring-ending scrimmage Apr 16
- Fast track: Early enrollment now common in college football Apr 9
- Former No. 1 prospect Hand aiming for bigger role at Alabama Mar 31