Alabama dismisses JUCO transfer Charles Baldwin from teamMay 12, 2016 - 8:33 PM TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP) Alabama coach Nick Saban has dismissed highly rated junior college transfer Charles Baldwin from the team.
Saban announced the decision on Thursday in a one-sentence statement, citing a violation of unspecified team rules.
Baldwin transferred from ASA College in Brooklyn, New York. The offensive tackle was rated the No. 2 overall junior college prospect by Rivals.com and 247Sports. He was believed to be the Tide's first scholarship player from Connecticut.
Baldwin chose Alabama over a number of top programs, including Georgia, Oklahoma, Michigan State and Mississippi.
Alabama is seeking a replacement for right tackle Dominick Jackson.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Alabama offensive lineman Cam Robinson, teammate arrested May 17
- Alabama hires Karl Dunbar as defensive line coach May 12
- Texas A&M sheds some swagger and tries to change trajectory May 6
- Correction: Troy Football Player Killed story May 5
- Troy University football player killed in motorcycle crash May 2
- Alabama defensive line coach Bo Davis resigns Apr 29
- Plenty of QB competition in SEC's Western Division Apr 19
- Coaching changes at 3 schools bring new look to SEC East Apr 18
- Alabama's young QBs shine in spring-ending scrimmage Apr 16
- Fast track: Early enrollment now common in college football Apr 9
- Former No. 1 prospect Hand aiming for bigger role at Alabama Mar 31