Ex-Michigan football player enters plea deal in assault case

Nov 8, 2017 - 6:46 PM ANN ARBOR, Mich. (AP) — Former Michigan football player Nate Johnson had reached a plea deal with prosecutors to resolve a domestic assault case.

The Ann Arbor News reports Johnson pleaded guilty Wednesday to a misdemeanor charge of assault and battery during a hearing. He was originally charged with domestic assault. Johnson is free on bond ahead of sentencing Dec. 1. He told the court he had a "physical altercation" with a woman. Under the agreement, his criminal record can be cleared if he follows all court-imposed conditions. The school has said the alleged assault happened shortly after 2 a.m. on Sept. 30 outside a dormitory. He was dismissed from the team afterward. The sophomore cornerback from Thompson's Station, Tennessee, played wide receiver last year as a freshman, catching one pass. ___ More AP college football: www.collegefootball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP_Top25 ___ Information from: The Ann Arbor News, http://www.mlive.com/ann-arbor






No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!