Brown kicks 4 FGs, Rams top CardinalsDec 6, 2010 - 8:58 AM
Brown went 4-for-4 on field goal attempts and Jackson rushed for 102 yards on 28 carries for the Rams (6-6), who have won two straight to keep pace with Seattle for first place in the NFC West.
"To come out with this win was very meaningful," said Jackson.
Sam Bradford threw for 187 yards on 18-of-29 passing and Brandon Gibson caught six passes for 54 yards in the victory.
Tim Hightower rushed for 81 yards on 15 carries for the Cardinals (3-9), who have dropped seven straight.
Arizona used three quarterbacks in the game.
An ineffective Derek Anderson completed just 7-of-20 pass attempts for 93 yards and an interception and was replaced by rookie Max Hall in the final minutes of the third quarter.
Hall left the game after suffering a left shoulder injury when he was thrown to the ground on the Cardinals' first series of the fourth quarter. He remained on the ground following the play, then was taken to the sideline and replaced by rookie John Skelton.
Hall was 1-for-3 for 10 yards and an interception and Skelton went 3-for-6 for 45 yards.
Arizona opened the scoring on a 45-yard Jay Feely field goal early in the first quarter, and after the Rams punted on their opening drive, Feely connected on another kick from 41 yards for an early 6-0 lead.
The Rams responded with a field goal, but Arizona was called for a 12 men on the field penalty that gave St. Louis a new set of downs. The Rams worked the ball down to the Cardinals' 10-yard line, then settled for a Brown 28-yarder in the final minute of the first.
Brown added a 52-yarder with 10 1/2 minutes left in the second to tie the game at 6-6.
The Cardinals were charging in the final minutes of the half, but Anderson was picked off by Craig Dahl at the Rams' 10. St. Louis turned the pick into another Brown field goal to take a 9-6 lead into the locker room.
"I was just in a deep path and reading the quarterback and I think they had some miscommunication and I just came up with the big play," said Dahl.
Jackson scored the game's only touchdown when he capped a 10-play, 85 yard drive with a 27-yard run midway through the third.
The Cardinals took over after a St. Louis punt at 3:54, and Arizona head coach Ken Whisenhunt inserted Hall for Anderson.
Hall's first series didn't end well as he was sacked on the first play, threw an incomplete pass on the second and was picked off by Bradley Fletcher on the third.
The Rams had the ball at the end of the third quarter and added Brown's final field goal to open up the fourth, accounting for the final margin.
On the following drive, Hall suffered the shoulder injury on a 1st-and-10 at the Cardinals' 31 when he was sacked for a six-yard loss. After remaining on the ground for a few moments he was helped from the field and Skelton finished the game for Arizona.
Arizona had won eight straight in the series...Larry Fitzgerald caught four passes for 61 yards, giving him 586 receptions to tie Anquan Bolden for most in Cardinals history...Arizona was 1-for-11 in third down conversions, while St. Louis was 6-of-17.
- ST. LOUIS: 19
Dec 5 7:08 PM
- ST. LOUIS: 19
End of Regulation
Dec 5 7:08 PM
- St. Louis Field Goal - 43-yarder by Josh Brown.
Rams 19, Cardinals 6 4th - 14:55Dec 5 6:33 PM
- ST. LOUIS: 16
End of 3rd
Dec 5 6:31 PM
- Josh Brown extra point is good.
Rams 16, Cardinals 6 3rd - 7:40Dec 5 6:14 PM
- St. Louis Touchdown - Steven Jackson rushed right for 27 yards.
Rams 15, Cardinals 6 3rd - 7:40Dec 5 6:13 PM
- ST. LOUIS: 9
Dec 5 5:42 PM
- St. Louis Field Goal - 20-yarder by Josh Brown.
Rams 9, Cardinals 6 2nd - 0:04Dec 5 5:40 PM
- St. Louis Field Goal - 52-yarder by Josh Brown.
Rams 6, Cardinals 6 2nd - 10:23Dec 5 5:09 PM
- ST. LOUIS: 3
End of 1st
Dec 5 4:57 PM
- St. Louis Field Goal - 28-yarder by Josh Brown.
Rams 3, Cardinals 6 1st - 0:25Dec 5 4:55 PM
- Arizona Field Goal - 41-yarder by Jay Feely.
Rams 0, Cardinals 6 1st - 5:26Dec 5 4:41 PM
- Arizona Field Goal - 45-yarder by Jay Feely.
Rams 0, Cardinals 3 1st - 11:14Dec 5 4:22 PM
- ST. LOUIS: 0
1st Quarter - 15:00
Dec 5 4:16 PM
- Jaguars' Fowler returns, ready for bigger role after injury May 23
- Palmer shrugs off 'big game' failure, expects big season May 17
- Sam Bradford has no regrets, ready to move on with Eagles May 17
- Ravens sign cornerback Jerraud Powers to 1-year contract May 13
- Roy Green to be inducted into Cardinals' Ring of Honor May 11
- Rams safety T.J. McDonald arrested in LA on suspicion of DUI May 11
- Cardinals sign remaining 3 draft picks May 9
- Jared Goff grateful to start work in 1st practice with Rams May 6
- Cardinals sign 1st-round pick Nkemdiche, 2 others May 6
- Undrafted, Alabama's Coker takes his shot with Cardinals May 6
- Tale of 2 Cardinals: Boehm could start, Williams needs work May 5
- Alabama QB among 16 Cardinals rookie free agents May 2