Police reportedly not involved in most recent 'Pacman' incident

Nov 21, 2007 - 6:15 PM NASHVILLE, Tennessee (Ticker) -- An apparent altercation between suspended Tennessee Titans cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones and teammate Albert Haynesworth was sorted out by security at the scene and police were not involved, the Tennessean reported on its web site Wednesday.

Haynesworth suffered a cut above his lip during the incident, which occurred early Sunday morning outside The Gibson Showcase in Nashville.

While the exact nature of the altercation remains unclear, Nashville police spokesman Don Aaron told the newspaper on Tuesday that no complaints have been filed and no arrests are expected.

"From what we've learned, the incident occurred outside Gibson Showcase, but there was no call to the police department. No one wanted the police department involved," Aaron said. "It is not unusual from time to time for parties to have a dispute and police department and law enforcement not be notified."

Titans Coach Jeff Fisher said he is investigating the matter.

"I am currently gathering facts," he said. "It doesn't appear to me to be anything of substance. I am not going to dwell on it. If I get any more information, I'll deal with it in house."

Haynesworth was with the team during Monday night's 34-20 loss in Denver but was inactive for the game because of a hamstring injury.

A lightning rod for trouble, Jones was suspended for the entire 2007 season in April for violating the league's personal conduct policy for a series of off-field incidents.

His suspension was reviewed after 10 weeks of the season, but commissioner Roger Goodell said Jones would not be reinstated early.

Jones has a December 5 court date, when he will enter a plea in a triple-shooting case at a Las Vegas strip club. The 24-year-old plans to plead no contest to one charge of conspiracy to commit disorderly conduct, a gross misdemeanor.

Prosecutors are hoping that Jones can identify the gunman who opened fire February 19 outside the Minxx Gentlemen's Club where Jones had earlier been involved in a brawl. The shooting left one man paralyzed.

With his plea, Jones is expected to be sentenced to one year of probation. Prosecutors are dropping two felony charges of coercion that could have gotten Jones up to six years in prison.

No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!