New York Giants sign 4 players who had tryout last weekMay 9, 2016 - 9:38 PM EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) The New York Giants have signed four players who attended a minicamp last week on a tryout basis.
The Giants announced Monday that they signed quarterback B.J. Daniels, defensive end Ishaq Williams and receivers Kardon Boone and Donte Foster.
Four players were waived, including two who played for the team last season - wide receiver Ben Edwards, who caught one pass, and linebacker James Morris, who had two special teams tackles. Also waived were quarterback Josh Woodrum and tight end Cedrick Lang.
Daniels, of South Florida, played in six games for the Seattle Seahawks and two for the Houston Texans.
Other than an All-Star game in January, Williams has not played in a game since 2013. The Notre Dame product was suspended for alleged academic fraud.
Boone, of LSU, and Foster, of Ohio University, have been on NFL practice squad rosters.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Jaguars' Fowler returns, ready for bigger role after injury May 23
- Giants defensive tackle Damon Harrison buys mom a house May 23
- Mom of Giants' Apple to join ESPN's 'Sunday NFL Countdown' May 23
- Titans waive Mettenberger, clearing space for 4 new signees May 16
- Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski makes Madden cover May 12
- Giants waive linebacker Uani Unga, sign cornerback Smalley May 11
- Raiders sign free-agent DE Damontre Moore May 10
- Jets claim Cunningham off waivers; cut Archer, Robinson May 9
- Broncos center Matt Paradis now the mainstay on the O-line May 9
- Australians Edwards, Hackett take aim at Jets' punting job May 7
- Notre Dame's Williams getting long-shot tryout with Giants May 7