NHL Game Summary - Atlanta at FloridaNov 4, 2010 - 3:56 AM
Freddy Modin netted the other two Atlanta goals, while Chris Mason made 52 saves. The Thrashers have recorded at least a point in each of their last five games, going 3-0-2.
"Our goaltender was brilliant, our goaltender gave us a chance," said Atlanta head coach Craig Ramsey. "You need your goalie to steal a game now and then, but that was an incredible performance by (Mason) and we found a way to win."
Jason Garrison, Steven Reinprecht and Bryan Allen each tallied for the Panthers, who have dropped three of four. Tomas Vokoun allowed four goals on 23 shots.
"I feel horrible," Vokoun said. "I gave up two bad goals."
Allen put Florida up 3-2 at 4:31 of the third period, but Byfuglien tied the game with a blast from the point after a clean face-off win by Jim Slater at 9:59. Bergfors then took a cross-ice pass from Rich Peverley and fired a shot over Vokoun to give Atlanta the lead.
The Panthers continued to press for the equalizer, pulling Vokoun late in regulation, but Mason was up to the task.
Garrison gave the Panthers a 1-0 lead 9:38 into the contest with a shot from the left point, but Modin tied the game when he took a pass from Byfuglien and slipped the puck behind Vokoun with 5.6 seconds left in the first period.
Modin struck again at 9:51 of the middle stanza, but the Panthers pulled even as Reinprecht batted a rebound out of mid-air with 2:07 remaining in the second period.
- Panthers make Tallon president, Rowe GM May 16
- Florida Panthers, Erik Gudbranson agree on 1-year deal May 9
- Trotz, Ruff, Gallant are Jack Adams Award finalists May 5
- Jaromir Jagr returning to Florida Panthers on 1-year deal May 5
- Calgary fires Bob Hartley, a season after coach of the year May 3
- Jagr, Dupuis, Zuccarello are Masterton finalists May 1
- Barkov, Eriksson, Kopitar are Lady Byng finalists Apr 30
- Panthers indicate that Mitchell's career likely over Apr 26
- Panthers came far in 2015-16, now eyeing the future Apr 25
- Islanders advance to second round for first time since 1993 Apr 25
- Islanders beat Panthers 2-1 in 2OTs to end playoff drought Apr 25
- Panthers C Nick Bjugstad out for Game 5 against Islanders Apr 24