Kings send Islanders to 10th straight defeatNov 14, 2010 - 7:58 AM
Drew Doughty and Dustin Brown each had a goal and an assist while Justin Williams also lit the lamp for the Kings, who have won their past six games and improved to 8-0-0 at home this season. Jonathan Quick stopped 18 shots in the win.
"By no means it was an easy game," Kopitar said. "Maybe the score shows it that way, but they battled hard, and they have some skill players you have to be aware of at all times. I thought it was a good team game tonight."
Rob Schremp scored the only goal for the Islanders, who have dropped 10 straight for the first time since going 0-9-1 from December 4-23, 2008. Dwayne Roloson was tagged for all five goals on 34 shots in the loss.
"We get open nets, and -- anything that's in the way, we seem to hit," said Isles head coach Scott Gordon. "Shots aren't getting through. It's probably a combination of us gripping the sticks too tightly and taking too long to shoot the puck."
Kopitar scored 1:23 in and added his second goal of the game at the 5:02 mark as his backhander beat Roloson for a 2-0 lead.
Schremp beat Quick on a wrister just 37 seconds after Kopitar's second goal to make it a 2-1 contest.
Williams' eighth goal of the season 3:15 into the second gave Los Angeles a 3-1 lead while Quick made nine saves in the middle frame.
Brown beat Roloson with a wrister on a penalty shot at the 7:46 mark of the third while Doughty lit the lamp with a power-play marker with 4:34 left to cap the scoring.
The Kings play in San Jose on Monday...The Islanders return home to face Tampa Bay on Wednesday...The Kings have taken six straight games against the Islanders...Los Angeles went 1-for-4 on the power play while New York was 0- for-5.
- NEW YORK: 1
LOS ANGELES: 5
Nov 14 1:11 AM
- Los Angeles Power-Play Goal - Drew Doughty, at 15:26.
Islanders 1, Kings 5 3rd - 4:34Nov 14 12:58 AM
- Los Angeles Goal - Dustin Brown (8), at 7:46.
Islanders 1, Kings 4 3rd - 12:14Nov 14 12:44 AM
- NEW YORK: 1
LOS ANGELES: 3
End of 2nd
Nov 14 12:09 AM
- Los Angeles Goal - Kyle Clifford, at 3:15.
Islanders 1, Kings 3 2nd - 16:45Nov 13 11:39 PM
- NEW YORK: 1
LOS ANGELES: 2
End of 1st
Nov 13 11:22 PM
- Anze Kopitar wrist shot on Dwayne Roloson.
Islanders 1, Kings 2 1st - 15:00Nov 13 10:52 PM
- Los Angeles Goal - Dustin Brown (8), at 5:02.
Islanders 0, Kings 2 1st - 14:58Nov 13 10:48 PM
- Los Angeles Goal - Anze Kopitar (5), at 1:23.
Islanders 0, Kings 1 1st - 18:37Nov 13 10:41 PM
- NEW YORK: 0
LOS ANGELES: 0
1st Period - 20:00
Nov 13 10:38 PM
- Canada beats Finland 2-0 to win world hockey championship May 22
- Blues hope goalie change can slow down Sharks top line May 21
- Kings agree with coach Darryl Sutter on contract extension May 13
- GM Garth Snow focused on helping Islanders 'take next step' May 12
- Revamped Penguins, speedy Lightning set for East finals May 12
- Islanders head into summer with possible changes looming May 10
- Confident Lightning headed to East final again May 9
- Hedman, Bishop lead Lightning back to East final May 8
- Capitals get playoff payoff from Williams against Penguins May 8
- Lightning: This is no time for letdown against Islanders May 8
- Islanders-Lightning Preview May 7
- Lightning: This is no time for letdown against Islanders May 7