Nash's late goals lead Columbus over LANov 18, 2010 - 7:42 AM
Andrew Murray scored a goal and set up another for the Blue Jackets, who have won four of their last six games. Derek Dorsett had two assists, and Steve Mason made 33 saves.
"It was a wild one," said Columbus head coach Scott Arniel. "We got off to a good start, got that first goal, and it gave us a little bit of a jump start. They're a team that pressures hard as we saw, they come at you...but we got some timely goals."
Drew Doughty collected three assists for Los Angeles, which had begun the year with a club-record eight straight wins at Staples Center.
Justin Williams registered a goal and one assist to extend his points streak to a career-best 11 games. Jonathan Quick stopped 21 shots in defeat.
"They made it look easy there on a couple of those goals tonight," said Los Angeles head coach Terry Murray.
Williams buried a rebound to give the Kings a 3-2 lead 1:25 into the third period, but Jared Boll countered for Columbus a little over two minutes later.
Nash, who sat out Friday's 5-1 loss to Colorado with a lower-body injury, put the visitors on top for good with 3:12 remaining. The captain of the Blue Jackets took a cross-ice pass from Derick Brassard and made a quick move to get around Los Angeles defenseman Davis Drewiske before firing the puck behind Quick.
Nash added an empty-netter inside the final minute to seal the win.
Murray opened the scoring 7:40 into the contest, but Michal Handzus answered with a power-play goal for Los Angeles at the 9:06 mark of the first period.
The Blue Jackets grabbed a 2-1 lead when Dorsett dished to a trailing Rostislav Klesla, who unloaded a slap shot past Quick at 11:22 of the middle stanza.
Ryan Smyth pulled the Kings even with 1:22 left in the second period.
The Blue Jackets improved to 5-1-0 as the road team this season...Williams has seven goals and seven assists in his last 11 games...Quick had won seven straight starts...Kings forward Dwight King made his NHL debut.
- COLUMBUS: 5
LOS ANGELES: 3
Nov 18 1:11 AM
- Columbus Empty Net Goal - Rick Nash (8), at 19:22.
Blue Jackets 5, Kings 3 3rd - 0:38Nov 18 1:10 AM
- Columbus Goal - Rick Nash (7), at 16:48.
Blue Jackets 4, Kings 3 3rd - 3:12Nov 18 1:04 AM
- Columbus Goal - Jared Boll (2), at 3:48.
Blue Jackets 3, Kings 3 3rd - 16:12Nov 18 12:38 AM
- Los Angeles Goal - Justin Williams (9), at 1:25.
Blue Jackets 2, Kings 3 3rd - 18:35Nov 18 12:34 AM
- COLUMBUS: 2
LOS ANGELES: 2
End of Regulation
Nov 18 12:16 AM
- Los Angeles Goal - Ryan Smyth (6), at 18:38.
Blue Jackets 2, Kings 2 2nd - 1:22Nov 18 12:10 AM
- Columbus Goal - Rostislav Klesla, from Derek Dorsett at 11:22.
Blue Jackets 2, Kings 1 2nd - 8:38Nov 17 11:54 PM
- COLUMBUS: 1
LOS ANGELES: 1
End of 2nd
Nov 17 11:19 PM
- Anze Kopitar slap shot on Steve Mason.
Blue Jackets 1, Kings 1 1st - 10:56Nov 17 10:59 PM
- Columbus Goal - Derek Dorsett (3), at 7:40.
Blue Jackets 1, Kings 0 1st - 12:20Nov 17 10:55 PM
- COLUMBUS: 0
LOS ANGELES: 0
1st Period - 20:00
Nov 17 10:41 PM
- Canada beats Finland 2-0 to win world hockey championship May 22
- Blues hope goalie change can slow down Sharks top line May 21
- Kings agree with coach Darryl Sutter on contract extension May 13
- Predators feeling pain of team's best run coming up short May 13
- Capitals get playoff payoff from Williams against Penguins May 8
- Kings GM: Coach Darryl Sutter has contract offer to return May 6
- Canada pounds US 5-1 in world championship opener May 6
- World championship offers audition for World Cup, draft May 5
- Pietrangelo logs heavy ice time in Blues' playoff run May 3
- Pietrangelo logs heavy ice time in Blues' playoff run May 2
- Barkov, Eriksson, Kopitar are Lady Byng finalists Apr 30
- Doughty, Karlsson, Burns finalists for Norris Trophy Apr 29