Panthers ride four-goal first in rout of SabresDec 18, 2010 - 5:25 AM
Stephen Weiss and Michael Frolik also tallied for the Panthers, who had dropped their previous two. Tomas Vokoun stopped 41 shots in the win.
"I had been getting some chances that weren't going on, so getting these two gets the confidence going," said Reasoner. "Whenever they pushed us tonight we responded and it was a big win."
Derek Roy and Tim Connolly each had a goal for the Sabres, who had won four of six coming in. Ryan Miller started in net but was pulled after the first period after allowing four goals on 10 shots. Patrick Lalime made 14 saves the rest of the way.
Florida did all the scoring in the first period with four goals in the opening 20 minutes.
The first goal came 1:40 in when Bryan McCabe blasted a shot from the left point that Miller stopped. McCabe received his own rebound and flicked it in for the early lead.
At the 8:23 mark, Reasoner scored his first goal when his sharp pass from the right circle hit off the skate of Steve Montador in front and snuck past Miller.
Reasoner scored his second goal of the game with 5:52 to play in the first, grabbing the puck off the back boards and snapping it in from the right circle.
Skating on the power play, David Booth capped the scoring in the frame from the slot with a wrister for his eighth goal of the season.
Miller was replaced by Lalime to start the second period and nearly escaped the frame unscathed, but Frolik scored with 1:02 left for a 5-0 lead.
In the final moments of the second, Roy got Buffalo on the board with his 10th goal of the year.
Weiss lit the lamp while shorthanded just 13 seconds into the third, while Connolly scored later on the same power play to make it a 6-2 game.
Florida hits the road for the next three games, starting in Philadelphia on Monday...Buffalo plays at Tampa on Saturday...Buffalo took three of four from Florida last season...Florida was 1-for-4 on the power play, while Buffalo went 1-for-5.
- BUFFALO: 2
Dec 17 9:55 PM
- Buffalo Power-Play Goal - Tim Connolly (6), at 1:41.
Sabres 2, Panthers 6 3rd - 18:19Dec 17 9:24 PM
- Florida Short-Handed Goal - Stephen Weiss (8), at :13.
Sabres 1, Panthers 6 3rd - 19:47Dec 17 9:22 PM
- BUFFALO: 1
End of 2nd
Dec 17 9:04 PM
- Mike Weber slap shot on Tomas Vokoun.
Sabres 1, Panthers 5 2nd - 0:09Dec 17 9:03 PM
- Florida Goal - Michael Frolik (8), at 18:58.
Sabres 0, Panthers 5 2nd - 1:02Dec 17 9:01 PM
- BUFFALO: 0
End of 1st
Dec 17 8:14 PM
- Florida Power-Play Goal - David Booth (8), at 16:28.
Sabres 0, Panthers 4 1st - 3:32Dec 17 8:09 PM
- Florida Goal - Marty Reasoner (6), from Jason Garrison at 14:08.
Sabres 0, Panthers 3 1st - 5:52Dec 17 8:03 PM
- Florida Goal - Marty Reasoner (5), at 8:23.
Sabres 0, Panthers 2 1st - 11:37Dec 17 7:53 PM
- Florida Goal - Bryan McCabe (4), at 1:40.
Sabres 0, Panthers 1 1st - 18:20Dec 17 7:41 PM
- BUFFALO: 0
1st Period - 20:00
Dec 17 7:38 PM
- Panthers make Tallon president, Rowe GM May 16
- Capitals assistant Reirden a 'future head coach' in the NHL May 13
- Buffalo Sabres home arena changing names to KeyBank Center May 11
- Florida Panthers, Erik Gudbranson agree on 1-year deal May 9
- Trotz, Ruff, Gallant are Jack Adams Award finalists May 5
- Jaromir Jagr returning to Florida Panthers on 1-year deal May 5
- Calgary fires Bob Hartley, a season after coach of the year May 3
- Jagr, Dupuis, Zuccarello are Masterton finalists May 1
- Barkov, Eriksson, Kopitar are Lady Byng finalists Apr 30
- Buffalo Sabres re-sign forward Johan Larsson to 1-year deal Apr 29
- Panthers indicate that Mitchell's career likely over Apr 26
- Panthers came far in 2015-16, now eyeing the future Apr 25