Wheeler, Bruins edge Panthers in SODec 28, 2010 - 5:20 AM
David Krejci notched both regulation goals for the Bruins, who opened up a five-game road trip with their third win in their last four tries.
"I think we played a really good game today, the offense got hot at the right time," Krejci said. "That's a positive sign but at the same time we have to keep moving on."
Tim Thomas stopped 32-of-34 shots for the victory.
David Booth and Mike Santorelli tallied for the Panthers, who had won three of four coming in. Scott Clemmensen took the loss despite 40 saves.
Wheeler capped the second round by scoring with a wrister that ticked off the post, off the back of Clemmensen's skate, and over the goal line.
Thomas then turned away Evgeny Dadonov's effort to end the game.
Booth beat Thomas at the 62-second mark of the second period, then several minutes later the B's netminder turned aside a breakaway chance by Chris Higgins.
Boston picked up a tying goal at 9:05 when Krejci followed up a Michael Ryder rebound and snuck his shot inside the left post.
Santorelli put the Panthers back on top at 15:51 on a tip-in from Michael Frolik.
Wheeler broke down the left wing and dished into the slot, where Krejci lifted a backhander over the diving Florida netminder at 10:35 of the third period
Clemmensen made four saves in overtime to keep his club in the contest.
"The whole story of the game was missed opportunities," said Panthers head coach Peter DeBoer. "There were points in the game, like having that one-goal lead, where we should have buried some chances."
Boston has taken all three meetings with Florida this season and has won five of their last six against the Panthers...The Bruins improved to 1-3 in the shootout while the Panthers fell to 2-1...Frolik assisted on both Florida goals.
- BOSTON: 3
Final - 2OT
Dec 27 10:08 PM
- BOSTON: 2
End of OT
Dec 27 10:01 PM
- BOSTON: 2
End of Regulation
Dec 27 9:53 PM
- Boston Goal - David Krejci, at 10:35.
Bruins 2, Panthers 2 3rd - 9:25Dec 27 9:36 PM
- BOSTON: 1
End of 2nd
Dec 27 9:03 PM
- Florida Goal - Michael Santorelli (10), from Michael Frolik and Bryan Allen at 15:51.
Bruins 1, Panthers 2 2nd - 4:09Dec 27 8:55 PM
- Boston Goal - David Krejci (6), from Michael Ryder and Zdeno Chara at 9:05.
Bruins 1, Panthers 1 2nd - 10:55Dec 27 8:40 PM
- Florida Goal - David Booth (9), at 1:02.
Bruins 0, Panthers 1 2nd - 18:58Dec 27 8:29 PM
- BOSTON: 0
End of 1st
Dec 27 8:10 PM
- BOSTON: 0
1st Period - 20:00
Dec 27 7:38 PM
- Panthers make Tallon president, Rowe GM May 16
- Florida Panthers, Erik Gudbranson agree on 1-year deal May 9
- Trotz, Ruff, Gallant are Jack Adams Award finalists May 5
- Jaromir Jagr returning to Florida Panthers on 1-year deal May 5
- Calgary fires Bob Hartley, a season after coach of the year May 3
- Jagr, Dupuis, Zuccarello are Masterton finalists May 1
- Barkov, Eriksson, Kopitar are Lady Byng finalists Apr 30
- Bergeron, Kesler, Kopitar are Selke Trophy finalists Apr 28
- Panthers indicate that Mitchell's career likely over Apr 26
- Panthers came far in 2015-16, now eyeing the future Apr 25
- Islanders advance to second round for first time since 1993 Apr 25
- Islanders beat Panthers 2-1 in 2OTs to end playoff drought Apr 25