Bishop gets 1st shutout, Blues blank OilersFeb 26, 2011 - 5:20 AM
Chris Stewart scored twice while Patrik Berglund and Roman Polak both added a goal and an assist for the Blues, who snapped a three-game slide.
"I wasn't think about the shutout at all, I was just taking it one shot at a time," said Bishop. "The guys did a great job in front of me and really cleared everything out. I was able to see a lot of the shots."
Devan Dubnyk gave up all five goals on 22 shots for the Oilers, who had won four of five coming into the contest.
"We have to look at the positives out of this," said Edmonton defenseman Jim Vandermeer. "I mean, we came into the game winning four of five, but we just came out flat. We just have to remember what we were doing and forget about this game."
The only goal St. Louis needed came 2:07 in when a shot from Berglund at the right wing rebounded to the slot, where Stewart wristed it home.
Berglund scored a power-play goal with 2:21 to play in the first to give the Blues a 2-0 advantage.
Stewart's second goal of the game and 19th of the season came on the power play 4:19 into the second. His big shot from the slot was slowed down by Dubnyk, but trickled into the net for a 3-0 lead.
Bishop made 22 saves through the first 40 minutes.
Polak scored thanks to a good effort from Brad Boyes with 4:01 to play while Matt D'Agostini's goal with just over two minutes left accounted for the final score.
Edmonton hosts Boston on Sunday...St. Louis begins a home-and-home with the Flames at Calgary on Sunday...St. Louis has won five of the past six games against Edmonton...Stewart has six goals in the five games since he was acquired by St. Louis from Colorado...St. Louis, which went 2-for-5 on the power play, has scored a power-play goal in eight straight games...D'Agostini's goal was his 13th of the season, a career-high.
- ST. LOUIS: 5
Feb 25 11:33 PM
- St Louis Goal - Matt D'Agostini (13), from Cam Janssen at 17:53.
Blues 5, Oilers 0 3rd - 2:07Feb 25 11:27 PM
- St Louis Goal - Roman Polak (2), from Brad Boyes and Barret Jackman at 15:59.
Blues 4, Oilers 0 3rd - 4:01Feb 25 11:24 PM
- ST. LOUIS: 3
End of 2nd
Feb 25 10:35 PM
- Kurtis Foster shot blocked by Roman Polak.
Blues 3, Oilers 0 2nd - 15:01Feb 25 10:09 PM
- ST. LOUIS: 2
2nd Period - 20:00
Blues 2, Oilers 0 2nd - 20:00Feb 25 10:01 PM
- St Louis Goal - Chris Stewart (18), from Patrik Berglund and Roman Polak at 2:07.
Blues 1, Oilers 0 1st - 17:53Feb 25 9:11 PM
- ST. LOUIS: 0
1st Period - 20:00
Feb 25 9:08 PM
- Hitchcock hedges on lineup for Game 5 vs. Sharks May 23
- Sharks-Blues Preview May 23
- Blues sticking with Allen in Game 5 against Sharks May 22
- Blues beat Sharks 6-3 to even series at 2 games apiece May 21
- Blues hope goalie change can slow down Sharks top line May 21
- Blues-Sharks Preview May 20
- Blues to make goalie change for Game 4 against Sharks May 20
- Blues-Sharks Preview May 20
- Jones' 2nd shutout gives Sharks 2-1 series lead over Blues May 20
- Sharks power play helps drive postseason success May 19
- Hot Tip: Backes excels at deflections for Blues May 19
- Blues-Sharks Preview May 18