Canucks top Leafs for third straight winDec 19, 2010 - 6:07 AM
Burrows and Hansen added one assist apiece, while Christian Ehrhoff and Henrik Sedin also scored in streaking Vancouver's third straight win.
Roberto Luongo made 27 saves in the victory.
Mikhail Grabovski scored the only Maple Leafs goal in the third period, drawing them within 2-1. But Ehrhoff tallied after that and Sedin scored an empty-net goal for the final margin.
Jonas Gustavsson made 25 saves in the loss, allowing one goal in each period, and Toronto lost for the fourth time in six games.
The Canucks, meanwhile, have just one regulation loss in their last 10 games (8-1-1).
Burrows gave them a 1-0 lead with 1:07 remaining in the first period, picking up a loose puck in the crease and stuffing it into the open left side of the net.
Hansen made it 2-0 with 2:06 left in the second period, the beneficiary of an odd-man rush started by Jeff Tambellini's poke up the left boards. Ryan Kesler fed Hansen with a pass in front, completing the tic-tac-toe play.
"I thought Jannik was skating well tonight and getting to pucks behind their defense," said Canucks head coach Alain Vigneault.
Luongo made 17 saves in the first two periods but was finally solved by Grabovski on a wrister from the left circle at 8:14 of the third.
Vancouver restored its two-goal lead at 3-1 when Ehrhoff scored on a slap shot from the point with 5:03 remaining. Sedin added an empty netter in the final minute to seal the win.
Vancouver was scoreless on five power plays, while Toronto was blanked on three...Kevin Bieksa had two assists for the Canucks.
- TORONTO: 1
Dec 18 9:38 PM
- Vancouver Goal - Henrik Sedin (6), from Alexandre Burrows and Kevin Bieksa at 19:29.
Maple Leafs 1, Canucks 4 3rd - 0:31Dec 18 9:37 PM
- Vancouver Goal - Christian Ehrhoff (5), at 14:57.
Maple Leafs 1, Canucks 3 3rd - 5:03Dec 18 9:30 PM
- Toronto Goal - Mikhail Grabovski (11), at 8:14.
Maple Leafs 1, Canucks 2 3rd - 11:46Dec 18 9:14 PM
- TORONTO: 0
End of 2nd
Dec 18 8:43 PM
- Vancouver Goal - Jannik Hansen (3), from Ryan Kesler and Jeff Tambellini at 17:54.
Maple Leafs 0, Canucks 2 2nd - 2:06Dec 18 8:40 PM
- TORONTO: 0
End of 1st
Dec 18 7:52 PM
- Kevin Bieksa shot blocked by Luke Schenn.
Maple Leafs 0, Canucks 1 1st - 1:07Dec 18 7:50 PM
- TORONTO: 0
1st Period - 20:00
Dec 18 7:15 PM
- Former Leafs coach John Brophy dies after lengthy illness May 23
- World championship offers audition for World Cup, draft May 5
- Last-place Leafs win NHL draft lottery; Jets jump to 2nd Apr 30
- At ease in Pittsburgh, Kessel making impact for Penguins Apr 25
- Flyers finish another empty season without Stanley Cup Apr 25
- Hakstol's success opens NHL door to more college coaches Apr 21
- Canucks sign goalie Thatcher Demko to entry-level contract Apr 20
- Maple Leafs sign Kadri, Rielly to 6-year deals Apr 13
- Canucks sign North Dakota defenseman Troy Stecher Apr 13
- Capitals finally able to turn attention to playoffs Apr 11
- Etem scores shootout winner as Canucks beat Oilers 4-3 Apr 10
- Henrique scores 2, Devils beat Leafs in season finale Apr 9