Lightning strike repeatedly to topple StarsSep 25, 2006 - 2:35 AM TAMPA, Florida (Ticker) -- The Dallas Stars set the tone by scoring 14 seconds into the game against the Tampa Bay Lightning.
The goals never stopped coming as the Lightning responded repeatedly en route to a 7-4 preseason victory over the Stars.
Vaclav Prospal and defenseman Dan Boyle added two goals apiece, while linemates Vincent Lecavalier and Brad Richards combined for seven assists in torching Dallas goaltender Marty Turco.
The NHL's second-winningest goaltender since the 2002-03 season behind the New Jersey Devils' Martin Brodeur, Turco faced 36 shots and allowed a pair of quick strikes 21 seconds apart in the opening period by Prospal and Boyle.
Doug Janik, Martin St. Louis and blue-liner Filip Kuba added third-period goals as the Lightning pulled away. Lecavalier had four assists and Richards added three.
Jussi Jokinen, Loui Eriksson, defenseman Janne Niinimaa and captain Mike Modano scored for the Stars, who went 0-for-5 on the power play. The Lightning were 3-for-6 with the man advantage.
Tampa Bay goalie Marc Denis wasn't much better than Turco, stopping 28 of 32 shots.
Blue-liner Jaroslav Modry added two assists for Dallas.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Penguins starting G Fleury in Game 5 May 23
- Penguins remove G Murray after second period May 23
- Johnson's OT deflection lifts Lightning over Penguins 4-3 May 23
- Blues hope goalie change can slow down Sharks top line May 21
- Lightning-Penguins Preview May 21
- Murray or Fleury? Penguins weighing options in goal May 21
- Friday's Sports In Brief May 21
- Lightning beat Penguins 4-3, even Eastern Conference finals May 21
- Penguins find higher gear against Lightning in East finals May 20
- Penguins-Lightning Preview May 19
- Hot Tip: Backes excels at deflections for Blues May 19
- Crosby, Kessel help Penguins beat Lightning 4-2 in Game 3 May 19